The area of Bloomsburg, PA, is home to a variety of schools, including a technology center and two private, non-profit 4-year colleges. There is also a public 4-year institution in the area with a wide variety of program options. We've organized the schools into categories based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Bloomsburg, PA
The closest schools to Bloomsburg are 2-year and 4-year public schools. Additionally, there are 4-year private non-profit institutions from which potential students can choose.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (Bloomsburg)
- Bucknell University (23.8 miles away in Lewisburg)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Hazleton (24.7 miles away in Hazleton)
- Susquehanna University (24.9 miles away in Selinsgrove)
Largest Schools near Bloomsburg, PA
The largest schools near Bloomsburg are 4-year institutions. Potential students will be able to attend schools with more than 2,000 students, as of Fall 2015.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (9,737 students)
- Bucknell University (3,625 students)
- Susquehanna University (2,199 students)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Hazleton (831 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The cost of attending a college is often a deciding factor when choosing a school. In order to accurately compare the true cost of attending any particular school, the NCES determines each school's net cost. This figure is determined by adding the total cost of tuition, books, room and board, fees and other expenses and then subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded to students attending that school in any given year. The following schools are those found to have the lowest net costs of non-profit, non-specialty schools within 25 miles of Bloomsburg, for full-time undergraduates.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania ($16,031)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Hazleton ($19,606)
- Susquehanna University ($27,783)
- Bucknell University ($35,677)
Highest Graduation Rate
Knowing the number of students who complete their studies at a given school may tell a prospective student something about how devoted the school is to the success of its students. The graduation rate is the percentage of students who complete their studies within 150% of normal time. In other words, for those seeking bachelor's degrees, the normal amount of time required to complete their coursework would be four years, so six years would be 150% of normal time. The following schools had the highest graduation rates of traditional, non-profit schools in the Bloomsburg area, for full-time undergraduates.
- Bucknell University (90% graduation rate)
- Susquehanna University (71% graduation rate)
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (62% graduation rate)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Hazleton (54% graduation rate)
We've categorized the few public and private non-profit schools in and around Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, to help you decide on ones that are best for you.