Blue Ash may only be home to one four-year, public university to its credit, but neighboring towns, such as Cincinnati and Hamilton, add several other four-year universities and two-year community and technical colleges to the list of options for prospective students. You can learn about a few public or private, not-for-profit schools in the Blue Ash area and compare them in four categories.
Closest Schools to Blue Ash, Ohio
If you are looking for a school near Blue Ash, OH, because you don't want a long commute or you want to stay close to home, you may want to look into the following five schools, which are the closest schools to the downtown area. Of these five schools, three offer only undergraduate degrees, while the other two offer both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- University of Cincinnati-Blue Ash College (in Blue Ash)
- Xavier University (5.8 miles from downtown)
- Union Institute & University (7.1 miles from downtown)
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus (8.1 miles from downtown)
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College (8.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Blue Ash, Ohio
Larger schools may provide more opportunities for networking and a larger variety of programs. The following schools are the five largest schools near Blue Ash, OH, only one of which is a 2-year community college.
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus (36,042 students)
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College (9,630 students)
- Xavier University (6,260 students)
- University of Cincinnati-Blue Ash College (5,065 students)
- University of Cincinnati-Clermont College (3,099 students)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines average net prices by subtracting financial aid awards from the total cost of attending schools. The following average net price and financial aid figures from the NCES are based on data for full-time, beginning undergraduates in 2014-2015. These five schools had the lowest average net prices of all the traditional, public and private, non-profit schools near Blue Ash and ranged from about $6,900 to $11,300.
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College ($5,915)
- Gods Bible School and College ($9,632)
- Chatfield College ($10,050)
- Miami University-Hamilton ($10,270)
- Miami University-Middletown ($11,371)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
Overall graduation rates are calculated by the NCES and indicate the percentage of full-time, beginning students who complete their programs within 150% of the 'normal time,' such as six years for bachelor's degrees and three years for associate's degrees. Among traditional public and private, non-profit schools, the following five schools had the highest graduation rates in 2015.
- Xavier University (74% graduation rate)
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus (62% graduation rate)
- Mount Saint Joseph University (51% graduation rate)
- Gods Bible School and College (46% graduation rate)
- Cincinnati Christian University (31% graduation rate)
You can use this information to make an informed decision regarding where you want to apply to in the Blue Ash, OH, area based on a school's proximity, student population, net price and graduation rate.