The area around Boca Raton offers both public and private 4-year colleges. Factors such as location, size, price, and graduation should be considered as part of the college selection process. This type of information is available via the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) for this evaluation.
Schools Closest to Boca Raton, Florida
Students who value proximity to Boca Raton will have several different options to choose from. Both public and private schools are available, with certificate, associate's, and bachelor's degrees being offered. Below are the 5 schools closest to Boca Raton:
- Everglades University (4.5 miles away)
- Florida Atlantic University (4.5 miles away)
- Lynn University (4.5 miles away)
- Atlantic Technical College (7.5 miles away)
- Strayer University-Coral Springs Campus (7.6 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Boca Raton, Florida
The top 5 schools near Boca Raton are at least 13,000 students larger than the remaining 51 schools in the area. The top 5 range from 17,000 to 43,000 students roughly, while the remaining schools all enrolled fewer than 3,500 students in Fall 2015. Here is a list of the 5 largest schools near Boca Raton.
- Broward College (43,078 total students)
- Florida Atlantic University (30,380 total students)
- Palm Beach State College (29,616 total students)
- Nova Southeastern University (23,236 total students)
- Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale (16,579 total students)
Lowest Net Price
The cost of attending school is another important consideration for prospective students. Net price is a good indicator of what to expect. The NCES calculates net prices for full-time students by subtracting the average amount of grant or scholarship aid from the total cost of attending school. The 5 traditional schools below had the lowest net prices in the Boca Raton area during the 2014-2015 school year, according to NCES records.
- Palm Beach State College ($2,615)
- Broward College ($8,622)
- William T McFatter Technical College ($9,405)
- Sheridan Technical College ($10,267)
- Florida Atlantic University ($12,177)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates offer prospective students an idea of how many individuals complete their programs within a given amount of time. The NCES calculates graduation rates by totaling the number of first-time students who complete their degree programs within 150% of normal time (i.e., 6 years for a bachelor's degree instead of 4 years). The following five traditional schools had the highest graduation rates in the area:
- Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale (68% graduation rate)
- William T McFatter Technical College (63% graduation rate)
- Florida Career College (60% graduation rate)
- Atlantic Technical College (59% graduation rate)
- Sheridan Technical College (55% graduation rate)
Evaluation criteria including location, size, price, and graduation size are critical to prospective students as they seek the perfect college fit.