There are several schools in and around the Boise, Idaho, area that provide students with opportunities for a postsecondary education. The detailed information provided on these traditional institutions from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) will help you make an informed decision as to which location best suits your educational goals.
Closest Schools to Boise, Idaho
The closest traditional schools to Boise tend to be 4-year institutions. Boise State University, at 1.7 miles from downtown, is the closest school that offers graduate programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Stevens-Henager College (5.6 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix-Idaho (9.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Boise, Idaho
The majority of the large schools near Boise are private institutions; however, the two largest schools are public. Overall, schools near Boise range in size from 42 students to 25,504 students.
- Boise State University (25,504 students)
- College of Western Idaho (10,277 students)
- Northwest Nazarene University (2,201 students)
- Stevens-Henager College (225 students)
Lowest Net Price
Net price refers to the total cost of attendance for full-time, beginning in-state students minus the average amount of institutional or governmental scholarship or grant aid. According to the NCES' 2018-2019 net price calculations, Boise-area schools had net prices that ranged between $6,000 and $21,000.
- College of Western Idaho ($5,961)
- Boise State University ($13,237)
- Northwest Nazarene University ($20,559)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates provided by the NCES reflect the percentage of full-time, first-time students who completed their programs within 150% 'normal' time (e.g., three years for an associate's degree or six years for a bachelor's degree). The NCES reported overall graduation rates for 2019 being low to moderate for traditional schools near Boise.
- Northwest Nazarene University (61% graduation rate)
- Boise State University (51% graduation rate)
- Stevens-Henager College (34% graduation rate)
Students can select from several private or public institutions near Boise, ID, based on their personal preference for location, size, price, and graduation rates.