A variety of public and private schools are located in Bordentown, New Jersey, including a state university and an Ivy League university. To guide prospective students in their search, data were gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning proximity, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Bordentown, New Jersey
If you want to pursue your studies within 15 miles of Bordentown, New Jersey, you might want to consider the following schools located closest to the city. All of these institutions offer certificate and undergraduate programs. You can also earn graduate level degrees in some of the universities near Bordentown.
- Thomas Edison State University (6.4 miles)
- Rider University (9.6 miles)
- The College of New Jersey (10.8 miles)
- Rowan College at Burlington County (12.2 miles)
- Mercer County Community College (12.2 miles)
Largest Schools near Bordentown, New Jersey
Thomas Edison State University, a 4-year public institution, had the largest student population near Bordentown, New Jersey. In Fall 2015, it enrolled 13,093 students, majority of whom were undergraduates who numbered 12,283 students. Other schools in the area with large student bodies are public and private not-for-profit universities and colleges.
- Rowan College at Burlington County (8,762 students; all undergraduates)
- Princeton University (8,138 students; 5,402 undergraduates)
- Mercer County Community College (7,979 students; all undergraduates)
- The College of New Jersey (7,406 students; 6,758 undergraduates)
- Rider University (5,069 students; 4,172 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the average net price for colleges and universities by subtracting the amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students typically receive from a school's total cost of attendance. Institutions located in the Bordentown area had net prices between $5,000 and $30,000 in 2014-2015. The schools listed below had the lowest net prices in the Bordentown area.
- Mercer County Community College ($5,410)
- Rowan College at Burlington County ($6,972)
- Princeton University ($17,901)
- The College of New Jersey ($20,146)
- Rider University ($29,583)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate reported by the NCES represents the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finished their programs within 150% of the 'normal time' (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree). In 2015, the traditional schools with the highest graduation rates in Bordentown were:
- Princeton University (97%)
- The College of New Jersey (85%)
- Rider University (64%)
- Rowan College at Burlington County (22%)
- Mercer County Community College (13%)
You can use the data obtained from the NCES concerning school distances, enrollment numbers, net costs, and graduation rates when comparing and contrasting your school options in Bordentown, New Jersey.