Most of the schools in Bowling Green, Kentucky, are private, for-profit institutions; however, there are a few public options within the city and even more in the surrounding area. This article can help students looking for the right school by comparing area institutions from data provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Bowling Green, Kentucky
Some students may want to stay close to home or a place of work when selecting a school to attend. There are several 2-year and 4-year school options for those wishing to attend school close to Bowling Green. All of these schools offer numerous areas of study.
- Daymar College-Bowling Green (located downtown)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (located downtown)
- Western Kentucky University (located downtown)
- Hopkinsville Community College (57.2 miles from downtown)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (57.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Bowling Green, Kentucky
While some students prefer a smaller-scale campus to attend, others are looking for the big college experience. These institutions have some of the larger student populations and are mostly public schools, according to 2014-2015 data from the NCES.
- Western Kentucky University (20,171 students)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (7,314 students)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (4,014 students)
- Hopkinsville Community College (3,566 students)
- Daymar College-Bowling Green (239 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
Lowest Net Price
The cost of taking courses is a big factor for many students on determining whether they attend a particular school. The NCES collects data on the cost of tuition, fees, textbooks and other required educational supplies for full-time undergraduate students just beginning their college life. Based on NCES stats for 2014-2015, the following net prices are determined by subtracting the average financial aid package awarded to full-time undergraduate students from the average cost of attendance for in-state or in-district students.
- Hopkinsville Community College ($5,823)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College ($7,386)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College ($7,394)
- Western Kentucky University ($10,638)
- Daymar College-Bowling Green ($22,337)
Highest Graduation Rate
The graduation rate at a college or university can serve as a gauge for what kind of educational quality is available to students. The graduation rates are listed below for several of the schools in the area for 2014, according to the NCES. The agency's figures are based on full-time undergrads who completed their program within 150% of the normal time frame (i.e. six years for a bachelor's degree or three years for an associate's degree program).
- Western Kentucky University (43% graduation rate)
- Daymar College-Bowling Green (39% graduation rate)
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College (30% graduation rate)
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (28% graduation rate)
- Hopkinsville Community College (22% graduation rate)
Most of the traditional schools in Bowling Green, KY, and the surrounding area are public institutions that students can choose from based on proximity to downtown, size, price, and graduation rates.