Braintree and the nearby Boston area offer a wide array of schools; there are four-year public universities, four-year private schools, and two-year community colleges in the area. Data from the National Center for Education Statistics can help you decide if one of them will work for you.
Closest Schools to Braintree, MA
Although there is only one school in the town of Braintree, there are many colleges and universities in the greater Boston area. If location is a major consideration for you, the following five schools have the shortest commute from Braintree.
- University of Phoenix - Massachusetts (located in Braintree)
- Quincy College (located 2.3 miles from Braintree)
- Eastern Nazarene College (located 4.1 miles from Braintree)
- Curry College (located 4.9 miles from Braintree)
- Wentworth Institute of Technology (located 6.7 miles from Braintree)
Largest Schools Near Braintree, MA
The size of the student body can make a major difference in your educational experience. Some of the colleges and universities near Braintree have large student populations. If that's what you're looking for, check out the five largest schools in the area.
- Boston University (32,112 students)
- Harvard University (28,791 students)
- Northeastern University (19,798 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,576 students)
- Boston College (14,253 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Prospective students can approximate the cost of attending most schools in the country by looking at net prices. The NCES determines a school's net price by subtracting the amount of financial aid awarded to undergraduate students enrolled full-time from the total estimated expenses of attending that school for one year. In 2015-2016, these Braintree area schools had the lowest net prices.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,384 per year)
- Bunker Hill Community College ($6,482 per year)
- Roxbury Community College ($6,977 per year)
- Massasoit Community College ($7,663 per year)
- University of Massachusetts-Boston ($10,980)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES also keeps track of the overall graduation rate. This figure is determined by finding the percentage of students who complete their full time undergraduate programs within 150% of normal time. Based on 2015-2016 figures, the following five schools in the Braintree area ranked highest in this category.
- Urban College of Boston (100%)
- Harvard University (98%)
- Wellesley College (93%)
- Tufts University (93%)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (92%)
Because of the close proximity of Braintree to the college town of Boston, students in the area can choose from a wide array of nearby colleges and universities.