If you're an aspiring student in the Branford, Connecticut, area, you can look at data from the National Center for Education Statistics, included here, to decide whether one of the schools in the area is right for you.
Closest Schools to Branford, Connecticut
There are no non-specialty institutions within the city limits of Branford, but the nearby college town of New Haven offers a wide range of educational opportunities. If you want to minimize your commute from Branford, one of these schools may be your best bet.
- Gateway Community College (7.0 miles)
- Yale University (7.2 miles)
- Albertus Magnus College (8.1 miles)
- University of New Haven (8.8 miles)
- Southern Connecticut State University (9.5 miles)
Largest Schools Near Branford, Connecticut
Students who want to attend a school with a large student population can choose between some of the midsize institutions in the area. These include both public and private colleges and universities. According to the NCES, the following are the five largest institutions near Branford.
- Yale University (12,385 students)
- Southern Connecticut State University (10,473 students)
- Quinnipiac University (9,654 students)
- Sacred Heart University (8,235 students)
- Gateway Community College (7,980 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools with Lowest Net Price
The NCES subtracts the financial aid award from the average annual cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student in order to calculate a school's net price. Here are the traditional universities and colleges near Branford with the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,437 per year)
- Housatonic Community College ($4,759 per year)
- Naugatuck Valley Community College ($6,296 per year)
- University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus ($6,442 per year)
- Gateway Community College ($6,647 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rate is an indicator of the academic quality of a college or university. The graduation rates reported by the NCES are based on the number of full-time undergraduate students who finish their programs within 150% of the normal time. For students finishing in 2015, the five Branford schools with the highest graduation rates all reported rates of over sixty percent.
- Yale University (97%)
- Wesleyan University (94%)
- Quinnipiac University (76%)
- Sacred Heart University (64%)
- Albertus Magnus College (61%)
Even though the city of Branford offers few educational options, prospective students in the area still find many institutions nearby that may provide what they are looking for in a college or university.