With a range of public and private schools in the Bremerton area, it is important to thoroughly research as many as possible to have all your options for where to attend. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) provides information on student populations, nearness to the city, net prices, and graduation rates for these institutions.
Closest Schools to Bremerton, WA
It is always important to consider where a school is located before enrolling there. The NCES organizes the various schools near Bremerton based on how close they are to the city. According to this data, these are the closest schools to Bremerton, almost all of which are 4-year colleges.
- Everest College - Bremerton (2.6 miles from Bremerton)
- Olympic College (2.6 miles from Bremerton)
- Seattle Pacific University (12.5 miles from Bremerton)
- Antioch University-Seattle (13.4 miles from Bremerton)
- Argosy University-Seattle (13.4 miles from Bremerton)
Largest Schools Near Bremerton, WA
A school's student population can often indicate a number of things about it. For instance, smaller populations would likely indicate a more personalized classroom environment, but larger populations often imply a larger and varied number of options for extracurricular activities on campus. The NCES lists the schools near Bremerton with their populations in 2015. The five largest schools in the area would be:
- University of Washington - Seattle Campus (45,408)
- Bellevue College (13,398)
- Edmonds Community College (8,571)
- Seattle University (7,405)
- Olympic College (7,177)
Lowest Net Price
The average net price of colleges and universities is determined by taking a student's in-state cost of attendance (tuition and fees, room and board, books, supplies and other costs) and subtracting from it the average financial aid a student receives. These schools offer the lowest net prices in the area based on the 2014-2015 academic year from the NCES.
- Seattle Central College ($3,783)
- North Seattle College ($5,011)
- Renton Technical College ($5,812)
- Olympic College ($6,130)
- Shoreline Community College ($7,170)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rate can often be used as a metric for how effective a given school is at educating its students. When ascertaining overall graduation rates for a school, the NCES looks at how many students finished within 150% of the normal time for their educational programs. The schools with the highest undergraduate graduation rates in the area are:
- University of Washington - Seattle Campus (84% for those enrolled by 2009)
- Everest College - Bremerton (79% for those enrolled by 2012)
- Seattle University (79% for those enrolled by 2009)
- University of Puget Sound (78% for those enrolled by 2009)
- Everest College - Renton (71% for those enrolled by 2012)
Remember that if can be beneficial to learn about a school's graduation rate, net price, nearness to the city, and student population when investigating colleges near Bremerton.