If you are looking to attend a college or university near Brighton, it can help to compare the location, student population, net price, and graduation rate of some of the schools in the area (based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics).
Closest Schools to Brighton, Massachusetts
Brighton is a neighborhood in the northwest corner of Boston, Massachusetts. Boston is widely considered to be a college town, and for good reason: there are over 100 colleges and universities in the area. Presented here are the five that are closest to Brighton.
- Newbury College (1.9 miles from downtown)
- Boston College (2.2 miles from downtown)
- Pine Manor College (2.2 miles from downtown)
- Cambridge College (2.3 miles from downtown)
- Harvard University (2.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Brighton, Massachusetts
A large university often offers a wide range of educational resources and extracurricular opportunities in order to meet the needs of the many students who attend. If you're looking to attend a large school near Brighton, you can choose between three private and two public universities.
- Boston University (34,657 students)
- Harvard University (31,566 students)
- Northeastern University (21,627 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell (18,242 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,164 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES establishes net prices by deducting the average full-time undergraduate's financial aid package from the total cost of attendance. Near Brighton, the following schools had the lowest net prices for the 2018-2019 school year, according to the NCES.
- Middlesex Community College ($5,294 per year)
- Bunker Hill Community College ($8,358 per year)
- Massasoit Community College ($8,571 per year)
- North Shore Community College ($8,799 per year)
- Roxbury Community College ($11,489 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES calculates schools' overall graduation rates by calculating how many full-time undergraduate students complete their chosen programs within 150% of the time normally allotted for that program. Based on NCES data for students who graduated in 2019, the following five Brighton-area schools had the highest graduation rates.
- Harvard University (97%)
- Tufts University (94%)
- Wellesley College (91%)
- Northeastern University (89%)
- Laboure College (50%)
If you're looking to go to one of the institutions near Brighton, Massachusetts you might consider a factor such as proximity to downtown, graduation rate, net price or student population to help you make a decision.