Do you want to pursue higher education at a school near Brockton, Massachusetts? Choosing a school can be a challenge, since there are a wide variety of colleges and universities in the area, but taking a look at data from the National Center for Education Statistics can help you make a decision.
Closest Schools to Brockton, Massachusetts
Brockton is a large suburb south of Boston with five schools in the city itself. Of these five, three are private for-profits, one public and one private non-profit. The following five public and private non-profit institutions are the closest to downtown Brockton that are non-specialty.
- Massasoit Community College (2.0 miles from downtown)
- Stonehill College (2.9 miles from downtown)
- Bridgewater State University (7.7 miles from downtown)
- University of Phoenix - Massachusetts (8.6 miles from downtown)
- Quincy College (10.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Brockton, Massachusetts
Do you want to attend a university with a large, diverse student body? Brockton is less than 20 miles from downtown Boston, and there are five schools in the Boston area that have between 14,000 and 33,000 students.
- Boston University (32,112 students)
- Harvard University (28,971 students)
- Northeastern University (19,798 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,756 students)
- Boston College (14,317 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
To figure out the net price for a school, the NCES takes the total cost for a full-time undergraduate and subtracts the average financial aid package. For 2014-2015, the NCES found that the following five institutions near Brockton have the lowest net prices.
- Bunker Hill Community College ($6,842)
- Roxbury Community College ($6,977)
- Massasoit Community College ($7,663)
- Urban College of Boston ($10,046)
- University of Massachusetts-Boston ($10,980)
Highest Graduation Rates
When determining the graduation rate for a school, the NCES considers the proportion of full-time undergraduate students who finished within 150% of the normal time for their program. If you're keen to finish your degree on time, one of the following schools might right for you. The data presented here is for students who finished in 2015.
- Urban College of Boston (100%)
- Laboure College (100%)
- Harvard University (98%)
- Wellesley College (93%)
- Tufts University (93%)
Overall, the area around Brockton, Massachusetts offers a wide variety of educational opportunities for aspiring students and factors such as graduation rate, student population, net price and location can help you make an informed decision.