The greater Brookfield, WI, region hosts quite a few 2- and 4-year colleges and universities. To help students make an informed education decision, we explore the traditional institutions in the area using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Brookfield, Wisconsin
The closest schools to Brookfield for students to attend are almost all 4-year schools. All of the closest schools are private institutions.
- Herzing University-Brookfield (located downtown)
- Ottawa University-Milwaukee (located downtown)
- Bryant & Stratton College-Wauwatosa (3.1 miles from downtown)
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (3.1 miles from downtown)
- Mount Mary University (3.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Brookfield area offers several larger institutions with over 1,000 students. Three of these schools are 4-year institutions that have undergraduate and graduate level degree programs while the other two are 2-year technical colleges.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (26,726 students)
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (15,186 students)
- Marquette University (11,491 students)
- Concordia University-Wisconsin (8,268 students)
- Waukesha County Technical College (7,928 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Students can find several schools near Brookfield with net prices less than $20,000, according to the NCES in 2014-2015. The net price is a result of subtracting the average amount of any government or institutional aid for a full-time undergraduate from the cost of attendance.
- Milwaukee Area Technical College ($8,934)
- Waukesha County Technical College ($9,746)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee ($13,808)
- Bryant & Stratton College-Wauwatosa ($14,950)
- Alverno College ($15,553)
Highest Graduation Rates
Most schools in the Brookfield area had graduation rates less than 50% for 2015, according to the NCES. These rates were reflective of full-time undergraduate students who enrolled in a 4-year school in 2009 and graduated with a bachelor's degree within six years, which is 150% of normal graduation time.
- Marquette University (80% graduation rate)
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (62% graduation rate)
- Carroll University (59% graduation rate)
- Concordia University-Wisconsin (58% graduation rate)
- Mount Mary University (43% graduation rate)
Brookfield, WI, is home to 2-year and 4-year schools that range in location, size, price, and graduation rates that can meet a student's individual preferences and needs.