The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) provides data on many of the institutions in and around Broomall, Pennsylvania. If you're an aspiring student in the area, you can use this information to make a well-informed college decision. Let's look at the data.
Closest Schools to Broomall, Pennsylvania
You won't find any postsecondary schools in Broomall itself, but because of its location in the suburban Philadelphia area, there are still plenty of institutions nearby. The five closest schools are within a few miles.
- Bryn Mawr College (3.0 miles)
- Harcum College (3.0 miles)
- Rosemont College (3.0 miles)
- Villanova University (3.7 miles)
- Cabrini University (4.5 miles)
Largest Schools Near Broomall, Pennsylvania
One of the benefits of attending a large university is access to a wider range of academic and extracurricular opportunities. If you think you would thrive on a campus with a large student body, one of these five schools near Broomall may be the right one for you.
- Temple University (38,007 students)
- Drexel University (25,595 students)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,876 students)
- Community College of Philadelphia (18,966 students)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (16,597 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Finances are important when choosing a college, and it can help to examine net prices at some of the schools you are interested in. The net price is determined by subtracting the amount of financial aid from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. Here are the five in the area with the lowest net prices, according to NCES figures from 2014-2015.
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442 per year)
- Delaware County Community College ($6,686 per year)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682 per year)
- Peirce College ($7,916 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Abington ($12,351 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate is the percentage of students who complete their programs within 150% of the 'normal' time. This statistic can provide insight into the academic quality of a school. NCES data from full-time undergraduate students who finished in 2015 indicates that these are the Broomall-area schools with the highest graduation rates.
- University of Pennsylvania (95%)
- Swarthmore College (94%)
- Haverford College (90%)
- Villanova University (90%)
- Bryn Mawr College (85%)
In summary, there is no shortage of educational opportunities in Broomall, and NCES statistics can help you make an informed choice about your educational future.