Aspiring college students living near Cadillac, MI, may very well need to commute or re-locate in order to attend a postsecondary school that meets their needs. We compare the traditional schools in the area using data presented by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students make an informed decision.
Closest Schools to Cadillac, Michigan
The majority of the closest schools to Cadillac are 4-year institutions. As such, a couple of them offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs for interested students.
- Baker College of Cadillac (located downtown)
- Mid Michigan Community College (34.9 miles from downtown)
- Northwestern Michigan College (35.5 miles from downtown)
- Davenport University-Traverse City Location (38 miles from downtown)
- Ferris State University (38.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Cadillac, Michigan
There are a handful of schools near Cadillac that have student populations greater than 1,000. All of the larger schools in the area are public institutions.
- Ferris State University (14,715 students)
- Northwestern Michigan College (4,264 students)
- Mid Michigan Community College (4,216 students)
- Kirtland Community College (1,628 students)
- West Shore Community College (1,235 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The average net price is determined by the NCES for U.S. colleges and universities by subtracting the average financial aid award for full-time undergrads from the total cost of attending, which includes tuition, fees, room, board, books and other costs. The net cost at all schools near Cadillac ranged from as low as $3,880 up to $15,483 for 2014-2015.
- West Shore Community College ($3,880)
- Kirtland Community College ($6,093)
- Mid Michigan Community College ($6,407)
- Northwestern Michigan College ($8,092)
- Ferris State University ($12,813)
Highest Graduation Rate
Statistics from the NCES are used to calculate the overall rate of full-time undergraduate students completing their programs within 150% of the 'normal' time, such as six years for bachelor's degrees and three years for associate's degrees. Graduation rates at the traditional schools in the Cadillac area were all below 50% for 2015.
- Ferris State University (41% graduation rate)
- West Shore Community College (23% graduation rate)
- Kirtland Community College (21% graduation rate)
- Northwestern Michigan College (18% graduation rate)
- Mid Michigan Community College (12% graduation rate)
Students can still find some variety in graduation rates, net prices, size, and location amongst the handful of traditional institutions available in the Cadillac, MI, area.