The greater Canton, Ohio, region hosts a variety of post-secondary options, including a number of public colleges and state universities. To help students in gathering information about these schools, the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) compiled data concerning distances, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Canton, Ohio
The closest schools to Canton, Ohio, are located within about 15 miles of the city. If you value proximity, then you might want to consider these institutions that offer undergraduate programs or higher.
- Malone University (2.8 miles)
- Brown Mackie College-North Canton (5.1 miles)
- Stark State College (6.3 miles)
- Walsh University (6.3 miles)
- University of Mount Union (15.1 miles)
Largest Schools Near Canton, Ohio
Kent State University at Kent, a 4-year public institution, had the largest student population near Canton, Ohio. In Fall 2014, the total number of students was 30,067 and undergraduates composed 23,607. The next five schools with large student bodies in the Canton area are all public and private not-for-profit institutions.
- University of Akron Main Campus (23,101 students; 19,093 undergraduates)
- Stark State College (12,645 students; all undergraduates)
- Walsh University (2,860 students; 2,342 undergraduates)
- University of Mount Union (2,191 students; 2,094 undergraduates)
- Kent State University at Tuscarawas (2,179 students; 2,146 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES defines the net price for American colleges and universities as the average total cost of attendance minus the average amount of financial aid awarded by the institution or government entities to full-time undergraduate students. In 2014-2015, net prices in the Canton area ranged from about $7,000 to more than $24,000.
- Stark State College ($7,268)
- University of Akron Wayne College ($8,688)
- Kent State University at Tuscarawas ($9,989)
- University of Akron Main Campus ($16,423)
- Kent State University at Kent ($18,531)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate indicates the percentage of students who were able to complete their chosen programs within 150% of the 'normal' time required (e.g. 6 years for a bachelor's degree). In 2015, the schools with the highest graduation rates in the Canton area included:
- University of Mount Union (61%)
- Walsh University (60%)
- Malone University (57%)
- Kent State University at Kent (56%)
- University of Akron Main Campus (41%)
A number of possible education options are available within Canton, Ohio, and considering the information given by the NCES concerning proximity, enrollment and graduation rates, and net costs can guide you in making an informed decision.