Cape Girardeau, MO, has a limited number of postsecondary education options available. The following is a comparison of these schools that offer a variety of programs and are not specialized. All data is derived from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Cape Girardeau, Missouri
While there are a few specialized schools, there are not many traditional schools in the near-by area. With that said here are the five closest traditional schools.
- Southeast Missouri State University (In Cape Girardeau, MO)
- Three Rivers Community College (61 miles from downtown)
- Mineral Area College (65.1 miles from downtown)
- Jefferson College (86.1 miles from downtown)
- Saint Louis Community College (97.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Overall a school's student population is a good indicator of a few things, such as student satisfaction, networking opportunities and extracurricular activities. If this concerns you and you want to stay some what close Cape Girardeau, MO, here are the five largest schools in a 100 mile radius.
- Saint Louis Community College (18,902 enrolled students)
- Saint Louis University (17,047 enrolled students)
- Webster University (15,256 enrolled students)
- Southeast Missouri State University (11,987 enrolled students)
- Jefferson College (4,705 enrolled students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's average net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by each student from the total cost of attendance. As of 2014-2015, the five schools below offered the lowest net prices among public and private, not-for-profit institutions in the 100 mile area.
- Jefferson College ($5,494)
- Three Rivers Community College ($6,637)
- Saint Louis Community College ($7,453)
- Mineral Area College ($8,146)
- Harris-Stowe State University ($9,172)
Highest Graduation Rates
NCES graduation rates are represented by the percentage of students who graduated within 150% of 'normal time'. For example, 6 years would be 150% of 'normal time' for a bachelor's degree program. The following schools around Cape Girardeau had the highest graduation rates in the area in 2015.
- Saint Louis University (71% graduation rate)
- Webster University (62% graduation rate)
- Southeast Missouri State University (48% graduation rate)
- Mineral Area College (29% graduation rate)
- Jefferson College (26% graduation rate)
We hope this information will help you make an informed selection, based on the schools' proximity to Cape Girardeau, MO, student population, net price and graduation rate.