Carolina, Puerto Rico, and its surrounding areas are home to a variety of colleges and universities, including both public and private 4-year colleges, an evangelical seminary and a junior college. To help you compare the traditional, non-specialty institutions located nearby, we will compile and review statistics provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Carolina, Puerto Rico
In addition to the schools located right in Carolina, there are colleges and universities within 5-6 miles of the city. Of the schools closet to the downtown area, two are public schools and three are private institutions.
- Caribbean University-Carolina (located downtown)
- Dewey University-Carolina (located downtown)
- Universidad Del Este (located downtown)
- University of Puerto Rico-Carolina (located downtown)
- Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de San Juan (2.1 miles away)
Largest Schools Near Carolina, Puerto Rico
If you are interested in attending a school with a large student population, the bulk of your options will be just outside of Carolina, Puerto Rico. All of the largest schools are within 11 miles of downtown Carolina.
- Universidad Del Turabo (17,509 students)
- University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras (16,454 students)
- Universidad Metropolitana (13,919 students)
- Instituto de Banca y Comercio Inc (13,719 students)
- Universidad Del Este (13,058 students)
Lowest Net Price
The true cost to attend a school can be a deciding factor when selecting a college or university. The NCES calculates the net price to attend a school by subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded to a full-time undergraduate student from the cost of tuition, fees, books and other expenses. The following schools have the lowest 2014-2015 net prices around Carolina, Puerto Rico.
- Colegio Universitario de San Juan ($1,444)
- Caribbean University-Bayamon ($2,399)
- Caribbean University-Carolina ($2,964)
- University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras ($3,083)
- University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon ($4,018)
Highest Graduation Rate
NCES graduation rates are determined by calculating the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of the normal time it takes to complete a degree program. The range of the following 2015 graduation rates in the region spans from 49% to 72%. In addition to the Dewey University locations at Carolina and Hato Rey, there are other campuses in Bayamon, Fajardo, and Arroyo that offer a small number of programs but with graduation rates of between 61% and 69%.
- Dewey University-Hato Rey (72%)
- Instituto de Banca y Comercio Inc (68%)
- International Technical College (68%)
- Mech-Tech College (64%)
- Dewey University-Carolina (60%)
Carolina, Puerto Rico, has four viable four-year universities within the city limits; however, there are plenty more school options with a range of sizes, net prices, and graduation rates located within 25 miles of the city center.