The Cedar Falls, IA, area hosts only a few postsecondary institutions for aspiring college students. We compare the traditional schools based on information supplied by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Cedar Falls, Iowa
Students wishing to attend school close to Cedar Falls have several options that are located less than 10 miles from downtown. Of the closest schools there is a fairly even mix of 2-year and 4-year institutions.
- Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus (located downtown)
- University of Northern Iowa (1.2 miles from downtown)
- Hawkeye Community College (5.6 miles from downtown)
- Wartburg College (13.8 miles from downtown)
- Upper Iowa University (39.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Cedar Falls, Iowa
The majority of the larger institutions near Cedar Falls are public schools. Many of the large schools offer a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- University of Northern Iowa (11,928 students)
- Hawkeye Community College (5,291 students)
- Upper Iowa University (5,162 students)
- Marshalltown Community College (2,041 students)
- Wartburg College (1,661 students)
Lowest Net Price
For many students, the cost of college is an important factor when choosing the right school. The NCES determines a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid from the total cost of attending college for a full-time undergrad. For the 2014-2015 school year, the net price in the area around Cedar Falls for all school types, ranged from about $8,000-$24,000.
- Marshalltown Community College ($8,037)
- Hawkeye Community College ($9,962)
- Ellsworth Community College ($11,219)
- University of Northern Iowa ($15,133)
- Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus ($18,398)
Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rates listed by the NCES reflect full-time undergraduate students who completed their studies within 150% of normal time, or, in other words, three years for an associate degree or six years for a bachelor's degree. The following NCES statistics are indicative of students who enrolled in either 4-year degree programs in 2009 or 2-year degree programs in 2012. Overall, graduation rates for traditional schools near Cedar Falls ranged from 23%-70%, per NCES 2015 data.
- Wartburg College (70% graduation rate)
- University of Northern Iowa (68% graduation rate)
- Upper Iowa University (41% graduation rate)
- Kaplan University-Cedar Falls Campus (30% graduation rate)
- Ellsworth Community College (25% graduation rate)
Cedar Falls, IA, and the surrounding area offers several 2-year and 4-year schools that may be organized by graduation rate, price, size, or location, depending on the prospective student's needs.