If you're looking to attend a college or university near Center Valley, Pennsylvania, data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) can help you explore your options. See how the traditional schools in the area stack up in terms of proximity to Center Valley, net cost and more.
Closest Schools to Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Center Valley is home to three 4-year universities - two private and one public school. The next-closest schools are in the nearby towns of Bethlehem. These are the five traditional schools closest to Center Valley.
- DeSales University (in Center Valley)
- Pennsylvania State University - Lehigh Valley (in Center Valley)
- Strayer University - Allentown Campus (in Center Valley)
- Lehigh University (4.8 miles)
- Moravian College (5.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Center Valley, Pennsylvania
You can find both small colleges and midsize institutions near Center Valley. Schools with more students typically offer a wider variety of academic resources and extracurricular activities. These five schools are the largest in the Center Valley area.
- Northampton County Area Community College (10,269 students)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (8,995 students)
- Lehigh University (7,054 students)
- Lehigh Carbon Community College (6,738 students)
- DeSales University (3,136 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
When trying to find an affordable school near Center Valley, it can help to look at the net price of schools in the area. The NCES determines the net price for an institution by taking the total cost of attendance and subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergraduate students. These net price figures are for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Lehigh Carbon Community College ($5,152 per year)
- Northampton Area Community College ($6,414 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University - Lehigh Valley ($13,760 per year)
- Cedar Crest College ($18,500 per year)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania ($18,822 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
According to the NCES, a school's graduation rate is the proportion of full-time undergraduates who finish their program within 150% of the normal completion time. This statistic can provide insight into the academic quality of an institution. The five traditional Center Valley-area colleges with the highest graduation rates for students who finished in 2015 all had rates of at least 70%.
- Lafayette College (90%)
- Lehigh University (88%)
- Muhlenberg College (85%)
- Ursinus College (78%)
- DeSales University (70%)
In summary, students in the Center Valley, Pennsylvania, area can choose between a variety of public universities, private institutions, and community colleges.