To help aspiring students with their education decision, this article provides Cerritos area schools that fall into four different categories to help students determine the criteria that is most important to them. This data has been gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Cerritos, California
Located in Los Angeles County, Cerritos, California has limited options for students ready to attend a college or university. Those willing to drive to communities surrounding the city; however, can choose from a variety of four-year institutions, two-year colleges and career schools.
- Fremont College (1.2 miles)
- Cerritos College (2.7 miles)
- Long Beach City College (3.3 miles)
- Cypress College (4.4 miles)
- Trident University International (4.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Cerritos, California
Larger schools near Cerritos can offer students flexibility and variety. Here you will find two 4-year state universities and three 2-year colleges, all public, offering a larger student body population ranging from about 30,200 to 42,500 students.
- University of Southern California (42,453)
- California State University - Fullerton (38,128)
- California State University - Long Beach (36,809)
- East Los Angeles College (36,012)
- Santa Monica College (30,158)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
College students want to avoid graduating with a ton of debt, so finding a school with reasonable tuition and fee rates is often a priority. According to 2014-2015 numbers from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), the schools below have lower net prices for full-time undergraduates, which is determined by subtracting average financial aid from total attendance cost for in-state students.
- California State University - Los Angeles ($3,160)
- California State University - Dominguez Hills ($3,764)
- Glendale Community College ($3,785)
- Mt. San Antonio College ($4,042)
- Citrus College ($4,694)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate is based on full-time undergrads that completed degree or certificate programs within 150% of normal time. High percentages in this category are a clue that a college or university likely offers an effective academic experience. The institutions that follow have higher graduation rates (NCES) ranging from 88% to 100%)
- Argosy University - Los Angeles (100%)
- University of Southern California (92%)
- California Institute of Technology (91%)
- University of California - Irvine (88%)
- Occidental College (88%)
For those looking to further their education near Cerritos, California, data can be found on schools that offer high graduation rates, low costs, large enrollment and a close proximity to Cerritos.