Students planning to pursue their studies in the Cheney area have a number of school options, which include 4-year universities and community colleges. Prospective students can be guided by the information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning proximity, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Cheney, Washington
You can earn a certificate, an associate's, and bachelor's degree or higher in most schools located near Cheney, Washington. If you plan to study within 17 miles of the city, then you might want to consider the following schools, which include two community colleges.
- Eastern Washington University (within the city)
- Spokane Falls Community College (14.7 miles)
- Washington State University-Spokane (15.7 miles)
- Gonzaga University (15.7 miles)
- Spokane Community College (16.5 miles)
Largest Schools Near Cheney, Washington
In Fall 2014, the schools with the largest student populations near Cheney, Washington, had student bodies ranging from about 2,600 to more than 12,000 students. These institutions are composed of public and private not-for-profit universities and colleges.
- Eastern Washington University (12,361 students; 11,300 undergraduates)
- Spokane Community College (10,218 students; all undergraduates)
- Gonzaga University (7,491 students; 5,062 undergraduates)
- Spokane Falls Community College (5,909 students; all undergraduates)
- Whitworth University (2,650 students; 2,344 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students minus the amount of institutional or governmental scholarship or grant aid equals a school's net price. Students desiring to study near Cheney, Washington, may do so starting at a net cost of less than $5,000. During the 2014-2015 academic year, the following schools had the lowest net prices in the Cheney area.
- Spokane Community College ($4,842)
- Spokane Falls Community College ($6,384)
- Eastern Washington University ($12,318)
- Whitworth University ($27,365)
- Gonzaga University ($32,111)
Highest Graduation Rate
To help individuals evaluate how many students successfully complete their degree or certificate programs, the NCES provides overall graduation rates. These rates represent the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate within 150% of 'normal' time (e.g. 3 years for an associate's program or 6 years for a bachelor's program). In 2015, the schools with the highest graduation rates near Cheney included:
- Gonzaga University (83%)
- Whitworth University (75%)
- Eastern Washington University (46%)
- Spokane Community College (24%)
- Spokane Falls Community College (22%)
The data given by the NCES can be very useful in deciding which of the schools in Cheney, Washington, match your education preferences.