The Cheyenne, WY area is home to a small variety of post-secondary institutions, including a beauty school, a community college, and a 4-year university. To help students understand their options, we compare the non-specialized schools using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Cheyenne, Wyoming
The closest schools to Cheyenne are actually fairly spread out. The majority of them are 2-year schools, but also include one 4-year public institution.
- Laramie County Community College (4.2 miles from downtown)
- University of Wyoming (46.6 miles from downtown)
- Eastern Wyoming College (71.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Cheyenne, Wyoming
The largest school near Cheyenne is a 4-year institution and is the only one that offers undergraduate and graduate level degree programs in the area. Overall, student populations in the area are relatively small with fewer than 5,000 students.
- University of Wyoming (12,648 students)
- Laramie County Community College (4,181 students)
- Eastern Wyoming College (1,769 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES defines a school's average net price as the total cost of attendance less the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergrad students. Net prices in the Cheyenne area range from slightly more than $5,000 to about $28,500 a year. All statistics have been provided by the NCES based on the 2014-2015 school year.
- Laramie County Community College ($5,424)
- Eastern Wyoming College ($6,171)
- University of Wyoming ($12,148)
Highest Graduation Rates
An educational institution's overall graduation rate is classified as the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who are able to complete their programs of study within 150% of the typical time required to do so. The traditional schools in the area unfortunately had fairly low graduation rates, with most being less than 50% for 2015.
- University of Wyoming (55% graduation rate)
- Eastern Wyoming College (33% graduation rate)
- Laramie County Community College (22% graduation rate)
The Cheyenne, WY, area only offers a few traditional institutions, but these schools do provide some variety for students in location, size, price, and graduation rates.