If you want to study at a school near Chicopee, Massachusetts, there are both private and public colleges and universities for you to consider. Here, you can find data from the National Center for Education Statistics to help you make a more informed decision.
Closest Schools to Chicopee, Massachusetts
In Chicopee, Massachusetts, there is only one non-specialty college. However, there are several other colleges and universities within a few miles that may be able to meet your educational needs.
- College of Our Lady of the Elms (0.0 miles)
- Holyoke Community College (3.0 miles)
- Springfield College (4.3 miles)
- American International College (4.3 miles)
- Springfield Technical Community College (4.6 miles)
Largest Schools Near Chicopee, Massachusetts
There is one large university near Chicopee. The next four largest schools are small-to-midsize colleges and universities. Take a look at NCES data on the student population size for each of these schools.
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst (28,635 students)
- Springfield Technical Community College (6,622 students)
- Holyoke Community College (6,604 students)
- Westfield State University (6,321 students)
- Western New England University (3,922 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Finding a reasonably-priced school is a priority for many students. Net price is determined by deducting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. According to 2014-2015 figures from the NCES, the following five schools in the Chicopee area have the lowest net prices.
- Holyoke Community College ($6,914 per year)
- Springfield Technical Community College ($7,997 per year)
- Westfield State University ($15,203 per year)
- Amherst College ($16,861 per year)
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst ($19,109 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
A high graduation rate can be an indicator of a school's academic quality, so examining this statistic can be helpful when choosing between schools in the Chicopee area. The NCES determined the following graduation rates based on the proportion of full-time undergraduates who completed their programs within 150% of normal time in 2015.
- Amherst College (95%)
- Smith College (87%)
- Mount Holyoke College (85%)
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst (78%)
- Springfield College (72%)
Overall, some of the schools near Chicopee, Massachusetts, may provide what you are looking for in a college or university.