Students in Clearwater, FL, have many schools options in the city and nearby areas, such as St. Petersburg, Tampa and Largo. When it comes to choosing a school, it is often helpful to consider such factors as location, size, cost, graduation rate. We'll be comparing the traditional universities, colleges and technical schools in the Clearwater area in these four categories using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Clearwater, Florida
Students wanting to stay close to Clearwater, FL, but attend a traditional public or non-for-profit private college or tech school have several options. The closest institutions include mostly 4-year schools along with one 2-year technical college.
- Keiser University - Clearwater 3.5 miles from downtown)
- Everest University - Largo (4.1 miles from downtown)
- Pinellas Technical College - Clearwater (6.4 miles from downtown)
- St Petersburg College (6.4 miles from downtown)
- Keiser University - Tampa (14.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Clearwater, Florida
If you are looking for opportunities that are usually found at big schools, you may interested in investigating the five largest schools in the area. According to NCES reports from 2015, these schools include the following:
- University of South Florida - Main Campus (42,067 enrolled students)
- St Petersburg College (31,767 enrolled students)
- Hillsborough Community College (26,571 enrolled students)
- Pasco-Hernando State College (11,387 enrolled students)
- The University of Tampa (7,959 enrolled students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price for a college or university is determined by subtracting the average amount of government or institutional financial aid students receive from the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students. The figures for the following five schools near Clearwater, Florida, are based on data for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Hillsborough Community College ($5,400)
- Pasco-Hernando State College ($5,593)
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg ($10,461)
- St. Petersburg College ($10,933)
- University of South Florida - Main Campus ($11,514)
Highest Graduation Rates
The overall graduation rate for a school reflects the number of full-time students who completed their studies within 150% of 'normal time' (i.e., 6 years for a bachelor's degree). Here are the five post-secondary schools near Clearwater with the highest graduation rates, according to NCES figures from 2015.
- Erwin Technical College (78% graduation rate)
- University of South Florida - Main Campus (68% graduation rate)
- Eckerd College (65% graduation rate)
- Brewster Technical College (62% graduation rate)
- Everest University - Tampa (57% graduation rate)
There are a variety of public and private schools offering degrees and certificates in the Clearwater, FL, area, and area students can consider the location, student population, net price, and graduation rate of these schools when making an education decision.