Students can find 2-year and 4-year public colleges and a few private schools in or near Clemson, SC. We compare these traditional colleges and universities from statistics listed in the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students determine which institution is the best for them.
Closest Schools to Clemson, South Carolina
Even though there are not many schools in the area, there are a variety of public and private institutions that are close to Clemson. These schools are primarily 4-year schools.
- Clemson University (0.6 miles from downtown)
- Tri-County Technical College (3.7 miles from downtown)
- Southern Wesleyan University (4.3 miles from downtown)
- Anderson University (14.7 miles from downtown)
- Furman University (24.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Clemson, South Carolina
There are several schools near Clemson that have student populations greater than 1,000 students. Most of the larger institutions offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Clemson University (22,698 students)
- Tri-County Technical College (6,128 students)
- Anderson University (3,212 students)
- Furman University (2,884 students)
- Southern Wesleyan University (1,736 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates the net prices by taking the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students and subtracting the average amount of grant and scholarship aid received. Net prices for schools in the Clemson area range from around $9,000 to about $31,000 for 2014-2015.
- Tri-County Technical College ($8,880)
- Southern Wesleyan University ($15,921)
- Clemson University ($16,622)
- Anderson University ($20,310)
- Furman University ($31,062)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates from the NCES refer to the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their degree or certificate programs within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. 6 years for a bachelor's degree program). Of the 5 traditional schools within 25 miles of Clemson, 2 have relatively high graduation rates, while the other 3 have graduation rates below 60% for 2015.
- Furman University (83% graduation rate)
- Clemson University (81% graduation rate)
- Southern Wesleyan University (50% graduation rate)
- Anderson University (49% graduation rate)
- Tri-County Technical College (21% graduation rate)
Even though there are only a handful of traditional institutions near Clemson, SC, the private and public school options provide students with variation in location, size, price, and graduation rates.