Several schools in the Clinton, IA, area are for-profit institutions offering vocational training programs, but a small number are public and private colleges or universities providing a greater variety of programs and resources. In order to choose which of these traditional schools might best meet their individual needs, students could find it helpful to compare these schools using information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Clinton, Iowa
The closest schools to Clinton are almost entirely private institutions, with only one public community college. These schools are a good mix of 2-year and 4-year institutions.
- Brown Mackie College-Quad Cities (25.1 miles from downtown)
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus (26.1 miles from downtown)
- Saint Ambrose University (28.2 miles from downtown)
- Eastern Iowa Community College District (29.7 miles from downtown)
- Loras College (50.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Clinton, Iowa
There are several larger schools near Clinton that have populations greater than 1,000 students. Many of these larger schools offer undergraduate- and graduate-level degree programs.
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus (45,355 students)
- Eastern Iowa Community College District (8,383 students)
- Saint Ambrose University (3,266 students)
- University of Dubuque (2,179 students)
- Loras College (1,528 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The school in the Clinton area with the lowest net price was a community college, according to the NCES in 2014-2015. The net price is determined by taking the total cost of attendance and then subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded for full-time undergraduates. All schools in the area had a net price less than $24,000.
- Eastern Iowa Community College District ($8,485)
- Kaplan University-Davenport Campus ($16,037)
- Brown Mackie College-Quad Cities ($18,180)
- Loras College ($19,234)
- University of Dubuque ($21,435)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES reports overall graduation rates for full-time undergrad students who finished their educational program in 150% of the normal allotted time, e.g., three years for an associate's degree and six years for a bachelor's degree. The rates for the Clinton-area schools (including specialty schools) ranged from 26% to 81% for 2015. Rates for non-specialty institutions include the following:
- Loras College (70% graduation rate)
- Saint Ambrose University (63% graduation rate)
- Clarke University (57% graduation rate)
- University of Dubuque (41% graduation rate)
- Brown Mackie College-Quad Cities (36% graduation rate)
Although there are not too many traditional schools in the area around Clinton, IA, students still have a few 2-year and 4-year schools to choose from that vary in graduation rates, price, size, and location.