There are several higher education options in and around the Clinton Township, MI, area. To help students determine if any of these institutions meet their educational needs, we compare the traditional schools in the area with data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Clinton Township, Michigan
Most of the schools that are closest to downtown Clinton Township are less-than-2-year specialty schools. The majority of the closest traditional schools are 4-year institutions.
- Baker College of Clinton Township (located downtown)
- Macomb Community College (4.6 miles from downtown)
- Davenport University-Warren Location (8.2 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Southfield (10.7 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Troy (10.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Clinton Township, Michigan
The largest schools near Clinton Township are all public institutions. A couple of the larger schools even offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- Wayne State University (27,140 students)
- Macomb Community College (22,182 students)
- Oakland Community College (21,061 students)
- Oakland University (20,261 students)
- Wayne County Community College District (16,654 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Finances are an important consideration to many students, so looking for a school with a low net price may be a smart move. The net price is calculated as the total cost of attendance, which includes tuition, fees, books, room and board, minus the amount of financial aid an average full-time undergrad student receives. Average net prices at colleges in the Clinton Township area range from about $4,000 to more than $34,000 for 2014-15, according to the NCES.
- Henry Ford College ($3,928)
- Oakland Community College ($4,175)
- Wayne County Community College District ($5,337)
- Macomb Community College ($7,173)
- Oakland University ($11,145)
Highest Graduation Rate
A college's overall graduation rate is the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete a program within 150% of the 'normal' time (six years for a bachelor's degree, for example). Colleges in the Clinton Township area (including specialty schools) have a huge variety in overall graduation rates, with rates literally ranging from 100% to 0% for 2015. The following schools had the highest graduation rates among traditional, not-for-profit schools:
- University of Detroit Mercy (63% graduation rate)
- Lawrence Technological University (56% graduation rate)
- University of Michigan-Dearborn (53% graduation rate)
- Oakland University (44% graduation rate)
- Wayne State University (35% graduation rate)
Students searching for a specific location, student population size, price, or graduation rate in the Clinton Township, MI, area, have several public and private schools that may be able to meet their needs.