Learn which of the 16 schools located within 25 miles of Charleston, South Carolina, are best suited to your needs. Using data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), you can discover how these college compare in location, size, price, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Charleston, SC
Students hoping to stay close to the Charleston city limits can find several options within about 11 miles of downtown. These schools offer a variety of program types and lengths, giving you plenty of choices when looking for schools in the Charleston area.
- College of Charleston (0.3 miles from downtown)
- Trident Technical College (5.2 miles from downtown)
- Miller-Motte Technical College - Charleston (10.4 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University - Charleston Campus ( 10.4 miles from downtown)
- Charleston Southern University (10.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Charleston, SC
Student body size is an important aspect of the college experience for many students. Charleston, SC has schools of many sizes, offering you several options to choose from when looking for the perfect college.
- Trident Technical College (15,043 students)
- College of Charleston (11,531 students)
- Charleston Southern University (3,621 students)
- Miller-Motte Technical College - Charleston (490 students)
- Virginia College - Charleston (344 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates net price based on full-time, in-state undergraduate students to give students an idea of what they can expect from a school's costs. Charleston schools vary in price, with technical colleges and universities making up the lowest-priced non-specialty schools in the area.
- Trident Technical College ($7,665)
- Charleston Southern University ($17,417)
- College of Charleston ($18,677)
- Virginia College - Charleston ($19,339)
- Miller-Motte Technical College - Charleston ($20,064)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES evaluates graduation rates based on 150% of the time it takes students to complete a program, using statistics for full-time students. The schools with the highest graduation rates in the Charleston area are:
- Centura College - North Charleston (71%)
- College of Charleston (68%)
- Charleston Southern University (39%)
- Miller-Motte Technical College - Charleston (39%)
- Trident Technical College (11%)
Whether location, price, student body size, or graduation rate is most important to you, there are many schools to consider in Charleston, South Carolina.