Students looking for a school in Columbia, Missouri, will find a number of public and private colleges and universities in the area. To guide prospective enrollees, data were gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning proximity, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Columbia, Missouri
Four out of the five institutions located closest to Columbia, Missouri, offer undergraduate and graduate level degree programs. If you want to study within 19 miles of the city, you can consider the following colleges and universities.
- University of Missouri-Columbia (2.3 miles)
- Stephens College (2.4 miles)
- Columbia College (2.9 miles)
- Westminster College (19.0 miles)
- William Woods University (19.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Columbia, Missouri
In Fall 2014, the schools with the largest student populations in the Columbia area were predominantly composed of private not-for-profit universities and colleges. Total student enrollment numbers in these institutions ranged from about 900 to more than 14,000 students.
- University of Missouri-Columbia (35,424 students; 27,791 undergraduates)
- Columbia College (14,759 students; 13,869 undergraduates)
- William Woods University (2,172 students; 1,001 undergraduates)
- Westminster College (951 students; all undergraduates)
- Stephens College (901 students; 716 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
The cost of attending a post-secondary institution is one of the most important factors to consider when going through your selection process. The NCES computes the net price of schools by subtracting the amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students received from the complete cost of attending a given university or college. During the 2014-2015 academic year, the traditional schools with the lowest net prices near Columbia were:
- Columbia College ($10,685)
- University of Missouri-Columbia ($16,026)
- Westminster College ($20,473)
- William Woods University ($22,886)
- Stephens College ($23,075)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES also keeps track of the number of full-time, undergraduate students who graduate from a college or university within 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete their academic program. Graduation rates of non-specialty schools in the Columbia area ranged from 46% to 69% in 2015.
- University of Missouri-Columbia (69%)
- Westminster College (66%)
- Stephens College (55%)
- William Woods University (52%)
- Columbia College (46%)
Through the data from the NCES concerning school distances, enrollment numbers, net costs, and graduation rates, you can make a more informed selection among schools located near Columbia, Missouri.