Computer programmers play an important part in managing software applications for businesses. Employers look for computer programmers that hold degrees in computer science or information systems.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Computer Games and Programming Skills
- Computer Programming for Applications
- Computer Programming for Certifications
Schools with Computer Programming Courses
The schools listed below offer degrees in multiple forms, commonly at the undergraduate level and for general computer science programs.
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Degrees Offered||Tuition and Fees (in-state; out-of-state, 2015-2016)*|
|College of Southern Nevada||Las Vegas, NV||4-year, Public||Certificate, Associate||$2,805
|University of Maryland-University College||Adelphi, MD||4-year, Public||Bachelor's||$7,056
|Texas State University||San Marcos, TX||4-year, Public||Bachelor's, Master's||$9,348
|Utah Valley University||Orem, UT||4-year, Public||Associate's, Bachelor's||$5,386
|Kansas State University||Manhattan, KS||4-year, Public||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate||$9,350
|University of Toledo||Toledo, OH||4-year, Public||Bachelor's||$9,547
|Weber State University||Ogden, UT||4-year, Public||Associate, Bachelor's||$5,321
|Clemson University||Clemson, SC||4-year, Public||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate||$14,272
|Northern Kentucky University||Highland Heights, KY||4-year, Public||Bachelor's, Master's, Certificates||$9,120
Source: *National Center For Education Statistics
School Selection Criteria
To determine what program is right for you, consider these following pointers.
- Students should look for a computer programming program that teaches the most common computer languages, such as C++ or Java Script.
- Computer programmers could also make themselves more marketable by earning a certification, such as offered by Microsoft or Cisco.
- Look for schools with computer science programs since ones specific to programming are not as common.
In the age of technology, computer programmers are becoming more sought-after by companies all over the world, which is why many colleges have computer science programs at various degree levels. To increase job potential, becoming certified in multiple programming languages is recommended.