Although all of the schools located within Cordova are for-profit institutions, the city's close proximity to Memphis gives students plenty of non-profit options within 25 miles. This article looks at traditional schools in a few categories to help students determine the right school for them based on information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Cordova, Tennessee
The majority of the closest schools to Cordova are private, for-profit institutions. Most are 2-year or less schools, but there are some 4-year schools available in the area.
- ITT Technical Institute-Cordova (located downtown)
- University of Memphis (10.7 miles from downtown)
- Rhodes College (12.3 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-Tennessee (12.7 miles from downtown)
- Christian Brothers University (13.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Cordova, Tennessee
If the size of a school is a concern for students, the Cordova area offers a wide array of school populations from hundreds or less to tens of thousands of students. Some of the larger institutions are schools with graduate programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- University of Memphis (21,059 students)
- Southwest Tennessee Community College (10,227 students)
- Rhodes College (2,054 students)
- Strayer University-Tennessee (1,960 students)
- Christian Brothers University (1,667 students)
Lowest Net Price
A school's cost of attendance can be a deciding factor for many prospective students. The 2014-2015 net prices from NCES were calculated by subtracting the average amount of financial aid given to full-time undergraduate students from the total estimated expenses of attendance (e.g. in-state tuition, fees, room and board, etc.).
- Southwest Tennessee Community College ($4,375)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis ($6,117)
- Le Moyne-Owen College ($9,114)
- University of Memphis ($13,154)
- Christian Brothers University ($15,556)
Highest Graduation Rate
Overall graduation rates demonstrate what percentage of full-time undergrad students finished their programs within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. six years for a bachelor's degree). A few of the traditional schools near Cordova had rates above 50% as of 2015, according to NCES figures.
- Rhodes College (83% graduation rate)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Memphis (75% graduation rate)
- Christian Brothers University (52% graduation rate)
- University of Memphis (45% graduation rate)
- Strayer University-Tennessee (43% graduation rate)
The Cordova, TN, area offers mostly private, but some public, schools that vary in location, size, price, and graduation rates to fit a student's needs.