There are a few colleges and universities in the Corvallis area; they include both 2-year and 4-year institutions. By looking at statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics, you can decide whether one of them might be right for you.
Closest Schools to Corvallis, Oregon
For many students, location is an important factor to consider when making a college decision. If you want to live in Corvallis, a small city in west-central Oregon, one of these schools may be right for you.
- Oregon State University (2.6 miles from Corvallis)
- Linn-Benton Community College (9.8 miles from Corvallis)
- Western Oregon University (14.5 miles from Corvallis)
- ITT Technical Institute - Salem (21.2 miles from Corvallis)
Largest Schools Near Corvallis, Oregon
School size can have a significant impact on your college experience. There are both small and large schools in the Corvallis area. Compare some of your choices based on student body statistics from the NCES.
- Oregon State University (28,886 students)
- Western Oregon University (6,049 students)
- Linn-Benton Community College (5,314 students)
- ITT Technical Institute - Salem (188 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
NCES determines the net price for a school by taking the average annual total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students and subtracting the average financial aid package. Net price is a major factor for many students making a college decision. It can be helpful to compare the net prices of the schools near Corvallis for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Linn-Benton Community College ($9,560 per year)
- Western Oregon University ($15,587 per year)
- Oregon State University ($17,706 per year)
- ITT Technical Institute - Salem ($24,207 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
To determine overall graduation rates, the NCES counts students who graduated from their program within 150% of normal time. According to the NCES, schools around Corvallis had the following graduation rates.
- Oregon State University (64% for students starting in 2009)
- Western Oregon University (44% for students starting in 2009)
- Linn-Benton Community College (18% for students started in 2012)
Overall, there are several options for students who want to pursue higher education near Corvallis, Oregon.