The following details public and private non-profit schools near Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania. The data, culled from the National Center for Education Statistics, analyzes the populations, costs, and graduation rates for multiple schools.
Closest Schools to Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
Including specialty schools, you will find eight schools within a 15-mile radius of downtown. This includes three colleges and two universities, which are listed below. Prospective students looking to study near downtown may look into these options:
- Community College of Beaver County (located 10 miles from downtown)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver (located 10 miles from downtown)
- La Roche College (located 11.4 miles from downtown)
- Geneva College (located 12.8 miles from downtown)
- Robert Morris University (located 14.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
Three schools located close to the downtown area had student populations above 10,000 in 2014-2015. They are located less than 21 miles from downtown. If you are seeking a school with many students, investigate into these institutions:
- University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus (28,617 students; 18,757 undergraduates)
- Community College of Allegheny County (17,153 students, all undergraduates)
- Carnegie Mellon University (12,587 students; 5,888 undergraduates)
- Duquesne University (9,648 students; 5,995 undergraduates)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania (8,495 students; 7,587 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
Within an 18-mile radius of downtown, there were three schools with net prices lower than $10,000 for the 2014-2015 year. They are all community colleges. The NCES finds these amounts by subtracting the average financial aid from the total program cost for full-time undergraduate students.
- Butler County Community College ($4,099)
- Community College of Allegheny County ($5,558)
- Community College of Beaver County ($8,111)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State New Kensington ($14,227)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania ($16,021)
Highest Graduation Rates
There were seven institutions with graduation rates at 70% or higher for 2015. The five non-specialty schools with the highest rates are between 19 and 25 miles away from downtown. The NCES calculates these numbers using the total amount of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of the normal time frame.
- Carnegie Mellon University (88% graduation rate)
- University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus (82% graduation rate)
- Duquesne University (74% graduation rate)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania (68% graduation rate)
- Geneva College (64% graduation rate)
There are multiple schools near the Cranberry Township area to consider if you are seeking institutions with large populations, robust graduation rates, and/or low prices.