The Crystal Lake, Illionis, area is home to numerous post-secondary colleges and universities including 2-year and 4-year public and private institutions. Prospective students can use the information gathered from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning school distances, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates when making their decision.
Closest Schools to Crystal Lake, Illinois
All of the schools located closest to Crystal Lake, Illinois, offer certificate and undergraduate programs. A county college is conveniently located within the city itself. You can also earn graduate level degrees in one university situated within 18 miles of Crystal Lake.
- McHenry County College (located downtown)
- Elgin Community College (15.5 miles from downtown)
- Judson University (15.5 miles from downtown)
- College of Lake County (15.8 miles from downtown)
- William Rainey Harper College (17.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Crystal Lake, Illinois
The College of Lake County, a 2-year public institution, had the largest student population near Crystal Lake, Illinois. In Fall 2015, it enrolled 14,964 students, all of whom were undergraduates. Other schools in the area with large student bodies are composed of public and private not-for-profit institutions.
- William Rainey Harper College (14,532 students; all undergraduates)
- Elgin Community College (10,336 students; all undergraduates)
- McHenry County College (6,561 students; all undergraduates)
- Trinity International University-Illinois (2,237 students; 892 undergraduates)
- Lake Forest College (1,600 students; 1,572 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines a school's average net price by subtracting the average amount of government and institutional financial aid that full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost of attendance. During the 2014-2015 academic year, the net prices of traditional schools in Crystal Lake, Illinois, ranged from $4,000 to more than $25,000.
- Elgin Community College ($4,332)
- College of Lake County ($4,590)
- McHenry County College ($6,110)
- William Rainey Harper College ($7,659)
- Argosy University-Schaumburg ($17,305)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate refers to the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who completed their degree in 150% of 'normal time', which is 3 years for an associate's degree program and 6 years for a bachelor's degree program. Based on the NCES figures in 2015, the following five schools had the highest graduation rates in the Crystal Lake area.
- Lake Forest College (72%)
- Judson University (52%)
- Trinity International University-Illinois (45%)
- Elgin Community College (32%)
- McHenry County College (29%)
With the variety of school options in Crystal Lake, Illinois, you might want to use the data from the NCES concerning proximity, enrollment numbers, net costs, and graduation rates when comparing and contrasting institutions.