The Danville, KY, area offers students a wide variety of educational options: universities, community colleges, technical schools and vocational training institutions. Many of the 25 schools in the area are traditional public or private colleges and universities. Several of these schools are compared using information from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students make an informed decision about which of these postsecondary institutions would best meet their needs.
Closest Schools to Danville, Kentucky
The closest schools to Danville, KY, are primarily 4-year institutions. Students searching for graduate degree programs can find several schools that offer them within 30 miles of downtown.
- Centre College (located downtown)
- Asbury University (17 miles from downtown)
- Saint Catharine College (26.6 miles from downtown)
- Berea College (27.3 miles from downtown)
- Eastern Kentucky University (27.6 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Danville, Kentucky
For students who desire to attend a larger institution, the Danville area offers several larger schools with greater than 1,000 students. Most of the largest schools in the area are public institutions.
- University of Kentucky (29,203 students)
- Eastern Kentucky University (16,305 students)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College (10,952 students)
- Somerset Community College (6,995 students)
- Campbellsville University (3,427 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price of each school is determined by taking the total cost of attendance and subtracting the average amount of government or institutional aid for full-time undergraduates. According to NCES, the net price for schools in the Danville area ranged from about $3,000-$25,000 in 2014-2015.
- Berea College ($3,125)
- Somerset Community College ($5,915)
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College ($7,212)
- Kentucky State University ($8,206)
- Eastern Kentucky University ($12,492)
Highest Graduation Rates
Several schools in the Danville area had graduation rates that were above 50%, according to NCES for 2015. These rates were based on full-time undergraduate students who enrolled at a 4-year school in 2009 and earned a bachelor's degree within six years, which was 150% of normal graduation time.
- Centre College (86% graduation rate)
- Transylvania University (73% graduation rate)
- Berea College (63% graduation rate)
- University of Kentucky (63% graduation rate)
- Asbury University (63% graduation rate)
Danville, KY, is home to a good mix of private and public schools that offer students a wide range of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates to meet their needs.