The following pertains to post-secondary institutions in or near Dayton, Ohio. Discover net prices, student populations, graduation rates, and proximity to downtown for multiple schools, based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Dayton, Ohio
There are four non-specialty schools found less than five miles from downtown Dayton. Investigate further into these schools if you are looking to be studying in or near the city:
- Sinclair Community College (located downtown)
- University of Dayton (located 2.4 miles from downtown)
- Wright State University (located 5.5 miles from downtown)
- Fortis College - Centerville (located 8.3 miles from downtown)
- Central State University (located 16.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Dayton, Ohio
The three most populated post-secondary institutions are located less than 6 miles from the downtown area. These three schools had over 11,000 students in attendance for the 2014-2015 year.
- Sinclair Community College (19,093, all undergraduates)
- Wright State University - Main Campus (16,842 students; 12,682 undergraduates)
- University of Dayton (11,343 students; 8,529 undergraduates)
- Clark State Community College (5,969 students, all undergraduates)
- Cedarville University (3,585 students; 3,303 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Prices
The five schools with the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 year are located 21 miles or closer to the downtown area. The NCES determines these dollar amounts by subtracting the average financial aid received for full-time undergraduates from their total in-district or in-state program cost, which includes tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies.
- Clark State Community College ($5,174)
- Sinclair Community College ($5,302)
- Central State University ($10,840)
- Miami University - Middletown ($11,371)
- Wright State University - Main Campus ($13,172)
Highest Graduation Rates
Three of the schools with the strongest graduation rates are within a 10-mile radius of Dayton's downtown area. The NCES determined these numbers by calculating the amount of undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of the average time frame as of 2015.
- University of Dayton (79% graduation rate)
- Cedarville University (72% graduation rate)
- Wittenberg University (64% graduation rate)
- Wright State University - Main Campus (40% graduation rate)
- Fortis College - Centerville (28% graduation rate)
There are multiple options for prospective students looking for schools with low net prices, many students, and good graduation rates in the area of Dayton, Ohio.