If you are looking for schools in the Daytona Beach, Florida area, then read on for the National Center for Education Statistics details for traditional schools.
Closest Schools to Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach, FL students can choose from several schools centrally located in the downtown area. These schools are less than 20 miles, or less, from downtown.
- Bethune-Cookman University (located downtown)
- Daytona State College (located downtown)
- Keiser University (located downtown)
- Stetson University (20 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Daytona Beach, FL
Four-year private schools dominate the makeup of schools near Daytona Beach, FL. Here are the largest schools in the area:
- Daytona State College (14,292 undergraduates)
- Bethune-Cookman University (3,679 undergraduates)
- Stetson University (3,084 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid students receive from the total cost to attend the school. Students receive financial aid from the government or their school. The figures below are provided by the NCES and pertain to the net prices paid by full-time undergraduate students during the 2014-2015 school year.
- Daytona State College ($4,959)
- Bethune-Cookman University ($16,645)
- Stetson University ($24,787)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES calculated overall graduation rates for Daytona Beach-area schools by figuring the percentage of full-time, first-time students who completed their degree or certificate program within 150% of 'normal' time (e.g. 3 years for an associate's degree or 6 years for a bachelor's degree). While 2 of the Daytona Beach-area schools had relatively low overall graduation rates, one school's overall graduation rate was above average.
- Stetson University (64% graduation rate)
- Daytona State College (33% graduation rate)
- Bethune-Cookman University (32% graduation rate)
Students are limited to the number of schools in Daytona Beach, Fl but they do offer students a range of cost options and primarily very close proximity to the downtown area.