Decatur-area students in search of the right college can choose from technical institutes, beauty schools, healthcare training centers, community colleges and much more. However, we will focus on the traditional schools in the area and compare them with statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to help students make an informed decision.
Closest Schools to Decatur, Georgia
The closest schools to Decatur are primarily 4-year institutions. Therefore, most of the closest schools offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs for interested students.
- Agnes Scott College (located downtown)
- DeVry University-Georgia (located downtown)
- Emory University (2.3 miles from downtown)
- Beulah Heights University (4 miles from downtown)
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College (4.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Decatur, Georgia
There are many larger institutions near Decatur for students to choose from, including six schools with more than 10,000 students. The majority of the larger schools are public institutions.
- Kennesaw State University (33,252 students)
- Georgia State University (32,058 students)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (25,034 students)
- Georgia Perimeter College (21,088 students)
- Emory University (13,788 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price of a school is determined by the NCES by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students received from the total cost to attend the institution. Nine colleges and universities in the Decatur area had net prices that were below $10,000 in 2014-2015.
- Chattahoochee Technical College ($2,894)
- Atlanta Technical College ($2,948)
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College ($4,192)
- Georgia Perimeter College ($6,285)
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College ($7,695)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines the graduation rate for colleges by calculating the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate from their programs within 150% of the time it would normally take to complete the program. The traditional schools in the area had rates ranging from 9% to 89% for 2015.
- Emory University (89% graduation rate)
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus (85% graduation rate)
- Spelman College (76% graduation rate)
- Agnes Scott College (68% graduation rate)
- Georgia State University (54% graduation rate)
The Decatur, GA, area has no shortage of 2-year and 4-year schools with various locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates for future students.