Prospective Deland students have several options when choosing a school, since the Deland/Daytona Beach area offers several 4-year universities, both public and private. This article will examine a few of these schools through the lens of various factors like their proximity to Deland, FL, student population size, lowest net price in the area, and highest graduation rates using reports provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Schools Closest to Deland, FL
If you are considering pursuing your education in or near Deland, you'll find one university in the actual city of Deland, along with a few more in surrounding areas, which average around 17 miles from Deland.
- Stetson University
- Seminole State College of Florida
- Bethune-Cookman University
- Daytona State College
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Largest Schools Near
The student populations at each school around Deland are varied in range, providing suitable options depending on your criteria for school size. The schools with the largest student populations range from nearly 4,000 students to over 17,000 students.
- Seminole State College of Florida (17,741 students)
- Daytona State College (14,292 students)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronatical University (14,292 students)
- Stetson University (4,330 students)
- Bethune-Cookman University (3,831 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The cost of attending college is an important or deciding factor in college choice for many students. In the Deland area, many schools have a net cost under $20,000. Net cost is determined by the NCES by subtracting the financial aid received by full-time, undergraduate students from the cost of attendance.
- Daytona State College ($4,959)
- Seminole State College of Florida ($8,085)
- Bethune-Cookman University ($16,645)
- Embry Riddle Aeronatical University ($18,330)
- Remington College-Heathrow Campus ($20,049)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines overall graduation rates based on the percentage of full-time, undergraduate students who complete their degree programs in 150% of normal time (in 6 years for a 4 year degree, for example.) In the Deland area, college graduation rates range from just over 30% to over 60%.
- Stetson University (64%)
- Embry Riddle Aeronatical University-Daytona Beach (55%)
- Seminole State College of Florida (38%)
- Daytona State College (33%)
- Bethune-Cookman University (32%)
In conclusion, for those who hope to attend college in or near Deland, FL, there is a small but diverse array of school options for post-secondary education.