Denver, Ohio, has a few schools in the area for students to think about. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) can help students by using statistics to support location, size, net price, and graduation rate of these schools.
Closest Schools to Denver, Ohio
Within 35 miles of Denver, Ohio, students have the option of 5 traditional schools. The closest school to Denver is a 4-year public university that is about 15 miles away. The following schools are the five closest colleges and universities to Denver:
- Ohio University Chillicothe (14.8 miles from downtown)
- Daymar College-Chillicothe (17 miles from downtown)
- Pickaway Ross Joint Vocational School District (21 miles from downtown)
- Scioto County Career Technical Center (28.7 miles from downtown)
- Ohio Christian University (34.8 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Denver, Ohio
The size of a school can impact a student's decision about whether a school is for them. The largest school near Denver has almost 4,300 students and is the furthest from downtown Denver. The smallest of the five large schools near Denver has about 200 students. The two largest schools are 4-year universities.
- Ohio Christian University (4,290 students)
- Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus (2,320 students)
- Pickaway Ross Joint Vocational School District (258 students)
- Scioto County Career Technical Center (198 students)
Lowest Net Price
A net price is used to compare the cost of schools for full-time undergraduate students for the 2014-2015 school year. The two schools with the lowest net price near Denver are 4-year universities. The other is a 2-year college.
- Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus ($9,358)
- Ohio Christian University ($14,952)
- Daymar College-Chillicothe ($24,864)
Highest Graduation Rate
Schools use a graduation rate to show the number of undergraduate students who complete their degree program within 150% of the normal time. This can be beneficial for prospective students to see so they can gain a better understanding of how many students actually complete their degree program. The three schools with the highest graduation rates are 2-year schools. These schools near Denver have the highest graduation rates as of 2015:
- Pickaway Ross Joint Vocational School District (83% graduation rate)
- Daymar College-Chillicothe (63% graduation rate)
- Scioto County Career Technical Center (55% graduation rate)
- Ohio Christian University (33% graduation rate)
- Ohio University-Chillicothe Campus (28% graduation rate)
As you can see, it is important for students to consider these factors when comparing schools near Denver, Ohio, to help them make an informed decision about their education.