Traditional colleges are fairly few and far between in the wide open spaces of Montana, and the Dillon area is no exception. However, there are four traditional schools within 85 miles that we examine in different categories, using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Dillon, Montana
Most of the schools that are close to Dillon are either 2-year specialty schools or 4-year institutions. A couple of the 4-year schools offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- The University of Montana-Western (located downtown)
- Highlands College of Montana Tech (56 miles from downtown)
- Montana Tech of the University of Montana (56 miles from downtown)
- Montana State University (85 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Dillon, Montana
The largest schools near Dillon are all public institutions. All of the larger, traditional schools have around 1,000 students or more, while the specialty schools in the area have fewer than 100 students.
- Montana State University (14,982 students)
- Montana Tech of the University of Montana (2,085 students)
- The University of Montana-Western (1,375 students)
- Highlands College of Montana Tech (860 students)
Lowest Net Price
In order to determine the average net price for a school, the NCES subtracts the average grant or scholarship aid from the school's attendance cost for full-time, undergraduate students. Many schools that fall within the 85-mile radius of Dillon, MT, have an average net cost between $8,500 and $15,000 for 2014-2015.
- Highlands College of Montana Tech ($8,522)
- The University of Montana-Western ($10,503)
- Montana Tech of the University of Montana ($11,764)
- Montana State University ($14,416)
Highest Graduation Rates
The overall graduation rate percentage figures, as reported by the NCES, are determined by the amount of undergraduate, full-time students who complete their certificate or degree program within 150% of the 'normal' time it takes to complete the program. Most of the traditional schools in the area had a rate less than 50% for 2015.
- Montana State University (52%)
- The University of Montana-Western (38%)
- Montana Tech of the University of Montana (38%)
- Highlands College of Montana Tech (17%)
Four traditional schools near Dillon, MT, offer prospective students a range of options in location, size, price, and graduation rates, which are important factors to consider in the college search.