Teaching Special Education - Speech Impairments

Teaching special education for speech impairments requires a graduate-level education, and students have several educational options. This article has the information to help you make education and career decisions that are right for you. Keep reading to learn more.

Inside Teaching Special Education: Speech Impairments

Besides a relevant graduate degree, individuals who wish to pursue a career in teaching special education for speech impairments need to obtain special education licensure. Working in this segment of the special education field can include opportunities in educational and healthcare environments. The experience of working with students and adults with speech impairments can vary based on location of employment and client age.

Education Information

Most students earn a master's degree in special education with a specialization in hearing and speech impairments. These students take classes in communication disorders, hearing and speech mechanisms, language development and pedagogy for students with hearing disabilities and speech impairments.

Teaching Special Education - Speech Impairments Related Articles

Schools you may like:

Popular Schools

The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.

Find your perfect school

What is your highest level of education?