About American University
American University is a private, research university located in Washington, D.C. This renowned university offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs designed to prepare students to become leaders and create meaningful change in the world. American University also offers a variety of online programs for students seeking a degree in a flexible and convenient format.
There are more than 20 online master's degree and graduate certificate programs available, in fields ranging from strategic communication and healthcare management to nutrition education and sports analytics. Some of the specific program options include a Master of Public Administration and Policy, Master of Science in Instructional Design and Learning Analytics, and a Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation. The online courses at American University are taught by the same accomplished faculty members as the on-campus courses and include the same influential lecturers and guest speakers.
Online students at American University can access all of their course materials and assignments online, and they communicate with their classmates and instructors through tools like email, discussion boards, and instant messaging. Online courses are as challenging as their on-campus counterparts, and online students earn the same diploma as traditional students. There are also multiple resources available to help online students succeed, including 24/7 technical support, a student services coordinator, financial aid advisers, and new student orientation.
'I have formed close friendships with my classmates, despite our distance and differing backgrounds, and worked closely with professors who are active and experienced in the communications industry. Each course has featured some level of group work and through those assignments and activities, we have gotten to know each other just as we would on campus.'
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree or higher
Why American University?
Top Ranked School
U.S. News & World Report ranked American University among the best national universities, best colleges for veterans and best value schools in 2017.
Courses are taught by experienced faculty (94 percent hold the highest degree in their field) and feature adjunct faculty and guest speakers who are considered experts and industry leaders.
With 24/7 access to their course materials, online students can complete their assignments and earn their degree on their own schedule, from any place with an Internet connection, as long as they are meeting course deadlines.
Online students can interact with their classmates and network through online discussion boards, instant messaging and more.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Applicants to American University online graduate programs must have already earned a bachelor's degree. Some programs have additional requirements.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Find Your Program:
- Graduate Certificate in Agile Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Analytics and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Analytics and Management
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication - Advocacy and Social Impact Concentration
- Master of Science in Agile Project Management
- Master of Science in Human Resource Analytics and Management
- Master of Science in Sports Analytics Management
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design and Learning Analytics
- Master of Science in Instructional Design and Learning Analytics
- Master of Science in Measurement and Evaluation
- Master of Science in Nutrition Education
- Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Public Administration and Policy
- Master of Arts in Economics
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!