About Baker College
Founded as Muskegon College in 1888, Baker College has emerged today as the largest private, not-for-private college and a top private transfer school in the state of Michigan. The school boasts programs that focus only on growing fields and each program has the input of leaders in their respective industries. The school is nationally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and some schools and programs enjoy specialty accreditations; these include those by the American Bar Association, National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, and Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Associate's and bachelor's degree programs are available in accounting, business administration, criminal justice, early childhood education, and general studies. Associate-only programs include those for future automotive technicians, chefs and bakers, medical sonographers, food/beverage managers, medical laboratory technicians, and occupational or physical therapist assistants. Those seeking advanced studies offered in master's degree programs can choose to pursue this graduate degree in areas of accounting, educational leadership, information systems, or nursing administration or education. Baker College also offers an online-only MBA, with focuses in such areas as information systems, leadership studies, finance, and business intelligence.
Students who wish to learn a trade could select from certificate programs in welding, diesel service technology, or automotive services technology. Other non-degree programs include those in dental assisting and medical assisting. Some of Baker's programs are offered online-only, other are strictly campus-based, and still others can be taken either online or on-campus. The college has eight campuses throughout Michigan, including those in Flint, Auburn Hills, and Muskegon.
'Baker's nursing faculty has helped me tremendously through my journey in the nursing program. They are not only incredible professors but incredible leaders, that I look up to, and hope to emulate.'
- Eric Lopez, Baker Student
'My favorite thing about the business program would have to be the resources. Failure is not an option in the business program, so long as you are utilizing the many resources to their fullest potential.'
- Tess Lewis, Baker Student
- Masters degree applicants must have a Bachelor's degree or above.
Why Baker College?
On-campus classes at Baker College are offered days, evenings, and weekends, while some programs can be taken 100% online.
Ability to Transfer Credits
Baker College makes it easy to transfer single or multiple class credits, with a Transfer Event where students can have transcripts evaluated and get an immediate decision on their admission.
Academic and Learning Support
From free tutoring and writing centers to 24-hour accessibility to campus resources, Baker College ensures that students have all the support they need for academic success.
Advisors at Baker College are prepared to assist students as they apply for federal loans, grants, and scholarships to help them pay for the cost of their education.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Applicants to Baker College programs must have graduated from high school or earned a GED; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Find Your Program:
- Automotive Services Technology
- Automotive Services Technology - AD
- Diesel Service
- Diesel Service Technology
- Accounting - MBA
- Business Administration - Accelerated Program
- Business Administration - DBA
- Business Intelligence - MBA
- Finance - MBA
- General Business - MBA
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management - MBA
- Human Services
- Leadership Studies - MBA
- Baking and Pastry
- Culinary Arts
- Food and Beverage Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education - AD
- Early Childhood ZA to ZS - Additional Endorsement
- Early Childhood ZS (General & Special Education) - Additional Endorsement
- Electrical Engineering
- Elementary Education - Level Change
- Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education - Level Change
- Elementary Language Arts - Additional Endorsement
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement
- Elementary Teacher Preparation Early Childhood ZS (General & Special Education)
- Elementary Teacher Preparation Language Arts
- Elementary Teacher Preparation Mathematics
- Elementary Teacher Preparation Social Studies
- Secondary English - Level Change
- Secondary Mathematics - Level Change
- Secondary Social Studies - Level Change
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - Mathematics
- Secondary Teacher Preparation English
- Secondary Teacher Preparation English and Mathematics - Double Major
- Secondary Teacher Preparation English and Social Studies - Double Major
- Secondary Teacher Preparation Mathematics and Social Studies - Double Major
- Secondary Teacher Preparation Social Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Cloud Security Risk Management - MBA
- Cloud Security Risk Management - Post-Baccalaureate
- Computer Science
- Computer Science - Database Technology
- Game Software Development
- General Studies - General Science
- Information Systems - Information Assurance
- Information Systems - MBA
- Information Systems - Project Management
- Information Systems - Web Development
- Information Technology and Security - Concentration in Information Assurance
- Information Technology and Security - Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Information Technology and Security - Network Professional
- Information Technology and Security - Server Administration
- Mechanical Engineering
- Dental Assistant
- Cardiac Sonography
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Abdomen/OB-GYN)
- Health Information Technology
- Health Science Technology
- Healthcare Administration
- Healthcare Management - MBA
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Occupational Therapy - MOT
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Veterinary Technology
- Nursing (Post-licensure)
- Nursing (Pre-licensure)
- Nursing Administration - MSN
- Nursing Education - MSN
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology - MSIOP
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice - AD
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Academy (Police)
- Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Academy (Police) - AD
Programs may vary by campus.
Online & Campus Based Locations
Find a Campus
- for Baker College - Allen Park
- for Baker College - Auburn Hills
- for Baker College - Cadillac
- for Baker College - Clinton Township
- for Baker College - Flint
- for Baker College - Jackson
- for Baker College - Muskegon
- for Baker College - Owosso