About Columbia Southern University
Columbia Southern University is a subsidiary of Columbia Southern Education Group. The university is dedicated to affordability and quality, encouraging adult learners to reach their highest potential through distance learning. The school was founded in 1993 and provides nearly 50 high-quality programs in diverse areas of study. It currently enrolls more than 31,000 students and is a top choice among active-duty military members. In 2006, CSU was part of the first group of colleges and universities to be accepted into the Air Force Academic Institution Portal. It is part of the U.S. Army's Centralized Tuition Assistance Management (CTAM) program, GoArmyEd. CSU is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
This student-centered university offers associate degrees, bachelor's, and master's degrees in a variety of subjects, as well as certificates and a Doctor of Business Administration degree. Undergraduate and graduate certificate programs in specialized fields for adult learners are also available in such areas as management, marketing, finance, hospitality, project management and sport management. These programs are offered through the College of Arts & Sciences, College of Business, and College of Safety & Emergency Services. All program curricula is based on current industry practices and trends.
Student can also choose among multiple online learning options: LifePace Learning®, term or Veterans Flexible Enrollment. The term option allows students to complete assignments at their own pace while working within set course start and end dates. The LifePace Learning® option allows students to progress through their course at their own pace and finish in as early as four weeks or as long as 10 weeks. The Veterans Flexible Enrollment option is available for military students who are using VA benefits. In this option, students have set start and end dates but no weekly assignment deadlines.
'CSU gave me the ability to gain a degree without a great amount of personal sacrifice. It allowed me to work on my degree in a timeframe that did not over burden me and I was able to gain the educational requirements that I needed while living a productive life. '
- Mark Gregory, B.S. in Fire Administration
'I believe in CSU and I believe in the shift of education to many online degree programs. Columbia Southern University has taught me the knowledge necessary for the work world.'
- Jacklyne Pham, MBA in Healthcare Management
'The degrees I obtained through CSU have allowed me to gain knowledge in my field and create opportunities to grow within my organization. They have also shown senior management that I have the ability to learn new skills and the intuition to understand a wide range of disciplines.'
- John Macahan, B.S. in Occupational Safety and Health, MBA in Project Management
- Must be a high school graduate or have completed GED
Why Columbia Southern University?
Flexibility and Quality
Quality Matters (QM) recognizes the dedication of CSU to balance a high level of academic excellence with flexibility for students with other commitments. CSU students can complete studies at their own pace, finishing courses in as little as four weeks or in as long as 10 weeks, if needed.
The tuition at CSU is much lower than many other online schools -- less than half of many of their competitors.
Taught by faculty who are experts in their fields, each program incorporates real-world teachings, latest practices, and up-to-date instructional technologies.
Academic and Career Support
From math and writing centers and ongoing advising sessions to career counseling and job market research strategies, CSU provides many services to help students through their studies and their professional lives.
CSU is a participant in federal loan and grant programs and also offers scholarships to help students offset the cost of their education. Payment plan options are also available.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Applicants to Columbia Southern University must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent. Some programs may have additional requirements.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Find Your Program:
- AS - Business
- BS - Business Administration
- BS - Human Resource Management
- BSBA - Finance
- BSBA - Hospitality and Tourism
- BSBA - Human Resource Management
- BSBA - Information Technology
- BSBA - International Management
- BSBA - Management
- BSBA - Marketing
- BSBA - Project Management
- BSBA - Sport Management
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate - Finance
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate - Project Management
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - General
- MBA - Health Care Management
- MBA - Human Resource Management
- MBA - Marketing
- MBA - Project Management
- MBA - Public Administration
- AS - Criminal Justice
- BS - Criminal Justice Admin.
- BS - Criminal Justice Admin./Arson Investigation
- MS - Criminal Justice Admin.
- BS - Environmental Management
- Graduate Certificate - Environmental Management
- AS - Fire Science
- BS - Fire Administration
- BS - Fire Administration/Fire Investigation
- BS - Occupational Safety/Fire Science
- AA - General Studies
- AS - Health Information Science
- AS - Health Information Science Med. Coding Emph
- BS - Emergency Medical Services Administration
- BS - Health Care Administration
- BS - Health Care Administration/Emer Med Service
- Graduate Certificate - Health Care Management
- MS - Emergency Services Management
- BS - Homeland Security
- BS - Information Systems Security
- BS - Information Systems Security/Homeland Security
- BS - Information Technology
- BS - Organizational Leadership
- MS - Organizational Leadership
- Graduate Certificate - Marketing
- AS - Occupational Safety and Health
- BS - Occupational Safety and Health
- MS - Occupational Safety and Health
- MS - Occupational Safety and Health/Envir. Mgmt
- BS - Psychology
- Graduate Certificate - Public Administration
- MPA - Criminal Justice Administration
- MPA - Emergency Services Management
- MPA - General
- MPH - Community Health Education
- MPH - General