FORTIS is a network of private career schools that offers a variety of training options for students who are seeking quality, career-focused education programs. The schools offer certificate, diploma, and degree programs designed to help students start or grow their careers in a rewarding field.
The career-based programs prepare students for occupations in healthcare (including nursing, medical and dental), information technology, cosmetology and the skilled trades such as HVAC, welding and CDL commercial driving. Some of the specific programs options include an associate degree in nursing, a medical assisting diploma, welding technology diploma, and a cosmetology diploma. Courses are taught by experienced instructors who are knowledgeable in their field and who can provide real-world insights and knowledge beyond the textbook. Students at FORTIS train with industry-standard equipment and supplies, such as the METI Simulation technology centers implemented at many of their nursing campuses.
'FORTIS opens the door to better opportunities in the world. It is a chance to further your education and become someone better in life. Instructors teach and go every step of the way to help students fulfill their dreams. They provide the knowledge to help students get ready for the world.'
Daniel C., Medical Assisting Graduate
'I chose FORTIS because it had the kind of program I wanted and provided me the flexible schedule I needed as a mother with a young child. The quality of the learning was outstanding and I greatly appreciated the fact that the staff and faculty were extremely accommodating.'
Yaisanet M., Health Information Technology Graduate
'I chose FORTIS because I felt it offered me the best opportunity to pursue my desired career with the support of first rate facilities and equipment plus quality instruction. The instructors provided me individual attention to make sure that welding processes were mastered using a 'hands on' approach to learning.'
Andrew M., Welding Graduate
FORTIS offers career training programs in the fields of healthcare, information technology, cosmetology and the skilled trades such as HVAC and welding at 40+ campuses located across the U.S.
A low student-to-faculty ratio allows students to receive personal attention from their instructors.
Many of the instructors are respected professionals in their field; faculty members include authors and board members of major organizations.
Technology and Learning Experiences
Students have access to industry-standard equipment and supplies, including technology-driven libraries and resource centers.
Knowledgeable career service advisors help match students and graduates with job opportunities.
FORTIS has installed METI Simulation technology at many of their nursing campuses, creating a large network of nursing and allied health simulation centers in the country similar to what the military uses to train combat nurses.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent; additional requirements vary by campus and program.
Find Your Program:
- Electrical Trades
- Electronic Systems Technician
- Facilities Maintenance
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Trades
- Welding Technology
- Esthetics Skincare
- AS in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
- Dental Hygiene
- ECG/Phlebotomy/Lab Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant, Associate in Specialized Technology Degree
- Lab Technician
- Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Medical Assisting / Medical Assisting Specialist
- Medical Assisting Basic X-ray Operation
- Medical Assisting with Basic X-Ray Operation
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Pharmacy Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Radiologic Technology
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Sterile Processing Technology
- Surgical Technologist
- Surgical Technology
- Class A CDL Driving
- Commercial Truck Driver Training
Programs may vary by campus.
Campus Based Locations
Find a Campus
- for Fortis College - Fortis Institute Birmingham, AL
- for Fortis College - Dothan, AL
- for Fortis College - Foley, AL
- for Fortis College - Mobile, AL
- for Fortis College - Montgomery, AL
- for Fortis Institute - Cutler Bay, FL
- for Fortis College - Orange Park, FL
- for Fortis College - Fortis Institute Pensacola, FL
- for Fortis Institute - Port St. Lucie
- for Fortis College - Atlanta, GA
- for Fortis Institute - Indianapolis, IN
- for Fortis College - Baton Rouge, LA
- for Fortis College - Landover, MD
- for Fortis Institute - Towson, MD
New Jersey Campuses
- for Fortis Institute Lawrenceville, NJ
- for Fortis Institute - Wayne, NJ
- for Fortis Institute - Centerville, OH
- for Fortis College - Cincinnati, OH
- for Fortis College - Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- for Fortis College - Columbus, OH
- for Fortis College - Fortis Institute Forty Fort
- for Fortis Institute - Scranton
South Carolina Campus
- for Fortis College - Columbia, SC
- for Fortis Institute - Cookeville, TN
- for Fortis Institute - Nashville, TN
- for Fortis Institute - Houston South, TX
- for Fortis Institute - Houston (North), TX
- for Fortis College - Salt Lake City
- for Fortis College - Norfolk, VA
- for Fortis College - Richmond, VA