About FORTIS College
FORTIS Colleges and Institutes is a network of private career schools that offers a variety of training options for students who are seeking quality, career-focused education programs. The schools offer certificate, diploma, and degree programs designed to help students start or grow their careers in a rewarding field. These programs are available both online and at 40+ campuses in 15 states.
The career-based programs prepare students for occupations in healthcare (including nursing, medical and dental), business, information technology, cosmetology and the skilled trades such as HVAC, welding and CDL commercial driving. Some of the specific programs options include an associate degree in nursing, a medical assisting diploma, Associate of Applied Business in Accounting Technology, welding technology diploma, and a cosmetology diploma. Courses are taught by experienced instructors who are knowledgeable in their field and who can provide real-world insights and knowledge beyond the textbook. Students at FORTIS train with industry-standard equipment and supplies, such as the METI Simulation technology centers implemented at many of their nursing campuses.
FORTIS College Online offers a variety of flexible learning options for adult learners and members of the military community who are seeking an associate degree. The easy-to-use interface allows students to earn their degree from their own home and the courses are available 24/7. Students can choose from fully online programs in business management, accounting technology, human resources, and Internet marketing. Hybrid programs are also available in medical billing and coding and medical assisting. Online students can communicate with their teachers and classmates through group forums, live chats, messaging, and direct instructor feedback.
'Fortis opens the door to better opportunities in the world. It is a chance to further your education and become someone better in life. Instructors teach and go every step of the way to help students fulfill their dreams. They provide the knowledge to help students get ready for the world.'
Daniel C., Medical Assisting Graduate
'I chose FORTIS because it had the kind of program I wanted and provided me the flexible schedule I needed as a mother with a young child. The quality of the learning was outstanding and I greatly appreciated the fact that the staff and faculty were extremely accommodating.'
Yaisanet M., Health Information Technology Graduate
'I chose FORTIS because I felt it offered me the best opportunity to pursue my desired career with the support of first rate facilities and equipment plus quality instruction. The instructors provided me individual attention to make sure that welding processes were mastered using a 'hands on' approach to learning.'
Andrew M., Welding Graduate
Why FORTIS College
FORTIS offers online and on-campus career training programs in the fields of healthcare, business, information technology, cosmetology and the skilled trades such as HVAC and welding at 40+ campuses located across the U.S.
A low student-to-faculty ratio allows students to receive personal attention from their instructors in both online and on-campus programs.
Many of the instructors are respected professionals in their field; faculty members include authors and board members of major organizations.
Technology and Learning Experiences
Students have access to industry-standard equipment and supplies, including technology-driven libraries and resource centers.
Knowledgeable career service advisors help match students and graduates with job opportunities.
FORTIS has installed METI Simulation technology at many of their nursing campuses, creating a large network of nursing and allied health simulation centers in the country similar to what the military uses to train combat nurses.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent; additional requirements vary by campus and program.
Find Your Program:
- Business Administration
- Business Administration/Accounting
- Business Administration/Marketing and Management
- Computer Career Networking
- Computer Information Services
- Cyber Security and Forensics
- Electrical Systems Technician
- Electrical Trades
- Electronic Systems Technician
- Advanced Tractor Trailer Driving
- Construction Management
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Trades
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration - Associate
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration - Diploma
- Welding Technology
- AS in Nursing
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- ECG/Phlebotomy/Lab Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Home Health Aide
- Lab Technician
- Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting / Medical Assisting Specialist
- Medical Assisting with Basic X-Ray Operation
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Office Assisting
- Medical Office Basic X-ray Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Pharmacy Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Radiologic Technology
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technology
- Vocational Nursing
Programs may vary by campus.
Online & Campus Based Locations
Find a Campus
- More info for Fortis Institute - Phoenix
- More info for Fortis Institute - Atlanta, GA
- More info for Fortis Institute - Indianapolis, IN
- More info for Fortis College - Baton Rouge, LA
New Jersey Campuses
South Carolina Campus
- More info for Fortis College - Columbia, SC
- More info for Fortis College - Salt Lake City
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!