About Notre Dame de Namur University
Notre Dame de Namur University (NDNU) is a Catholic, not-for-profit, private institution serving approximately 1,500 students from diverse backgrounds. Established in 1851 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, NDNU is the third-oldest college in California and the first authorized to grant the baccalaureate degree to women. NDNU maintains a strong commitment to academic excellence, social justice and community engagement. The university is fully accredited and offers a rich variety of undergraduate, graduate, doctorate and teacher credential programs. The historic campus is located on the San Francisco Peninsula in Silicon Valley.
The university offers degrees through a variety of formats, including a traditional undergraduate curriculum; afternoon, evening, and weekend programs for working adults; and online and hybrid programs. NDNU has a second campus in Tracy, CA, and partners with two San Francisco area community colleges to offer evening bachelor's programs.
The GMAT or GRE is not required. Online courses are offered year-round, so begin your program when you are ready.
Online Learning Details
What's it like to learn online at Notre Dame de Namur University (NDNU)? Thanks to their user-friendly suite of interactive, online learning tools and a dedicated team of faculty and staff for support, it's not much different than on-campus education. With NDNU's online programs, however, students can earn their degree in a manner that offers more convenience and flexibility than traditional classroom-based programs.
Online students at Notre Dame de Namur University have access to all the same support available to on-campus learners, including academic advising and financial aid counseling. Plus, online students get live, 24/7 technical support to make sure they are able to work when they need to.
All online coursework and exams will be completed inside the web-based learning system. Online students submit assignments through the system and participate in lively discussion forums to connect with other students and professors to ask questions, exchange ideas and discuss thoughts on the course material.
Help is never far away if you need it. Professors are dedicated to helping their students achieve their educational and professional goals and are available via email, discussion boards, and by phone. Since 1851, NDNU has been proud to give students the support they need to succeed, and that commitment is the same for online students. In fact, every online student is paired with a dedicated faculty advisor who can provide academic guidance and career advice throughout the entire online degree program.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree or higher. See program information for specific admissions requirements
Why Notre Dame de Namur University
With over 165 years of experience, Notre Dame de Namur University is widely recognized and respected in the San Francisco Bay area, Silicon Valley, and beyond, for their on-ground programs. NDNU now offers its highly regarded MBA program online and has recently launched the popular MA TESOL program available only online.
Rated one of the nation's ten most diverse colleges by Best Value Schools, NDNU's student body reflects the university's commitment to ''embrace the gift of diversity.'' With a student body that is approximately one-third Hispanic, NDNU is one of the few private not-for-profit Hispanic Serving Institutions in Northern California. NDNU is also an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
Start the program when you are ready. Classes are offered year-round. The GRE and GMAT are not required, and your program director will work with you for the prerequisites needed to get started.
Notre Dame de Namur University was ranked by U.S. News & World Report in their annual listing of Best Regional Universities West and Best Value Schools, Regional Universities West.
Other recent rankings include:
- PayScale.com listed NDNU in the top 20% of colleges for graduates' earning potential.
- Money magazine listed NDNU among ''the country's top values'' in their Best Colleges for the Money.
- NDNU was ranked the #1 private college in Northern California for social mobility by CollegeNET.
- NDNU was listed as a College of Distinction, overall, for business, and among Catholic universities.
95% of NDNU's full-time faculty hold doctorates or terminal degrees. Professors at NDNU are not only gifted instructors, they are also committed to advising and mentoring students through the college journey. Most on-ground and online classes are usually less than 25 students to allow more personalized attention from the instructors
Applying to Notre Dame de Namur University
Applying for an online program with Notre Dame de Namur University is simple! You will need the following materials to complete your application:
- Transcripts from all colleges attended, including one showing a bachelor's degree granted from a regionally accredited institution (certificate applicants need only provide an official transcript showing the highest degree earned)
- Two letters of recommendation, including the Personal Reference Form (not required for certificate applicants)
- If possible, recommendations should be from professors in your major academic department
- Applicants who have not been in school for some time should ask professional colleagues or administrators for reference
- Program specific requirements as noted in the Catalog
- If you feel you have already completed prerequisites for master's, credential, and certificate programs, please complete the Application to Apply Courses to NDNU's Prerequisites and submit it to the Graduate Admissions Office for inclusion with your graduate admissions application material
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and/or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) are not required.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Find Your Program:
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!