Penn Foster Career School Offers
- Affordable Tuition
- Convenience of Learning at Home
- Reliable, High Quality Education
Discover Penn Foster Career School
Penn Foster Career School is the largest accredited school of independent study, allowing students to earn career diplomas in a variety of fields through flexible and convenient online study. More than 60 career diploma programs are offered in the areas of engineering, technology, business, education, legal studies and health services.
Founded in 1890, Penn Foster Career School is accredited as an online high school by the Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools and as a distance learning facility by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). Faculty is available for student questions and feedback through a variety of means, including phone, e-mail, postal mail and an instructional support hotline.
'I am very happy with the education I am receiving from Penn Foster. Penn Foster has 'kept up' with the current trends in the business world, as well as followed, almost exactly, the curriculum of a more expensive college. Penn Foster gives people who can't afford the tuition of an on-site university a good, quality education. The knowledge I have acquired has helped my husband's business tremendously!'
B. Vaughn, FL
'I have taken several programs through Penn Foster, and I've always been pleased with how the programs are laid out. I would encourage anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge to take programs through Penn Foster.'
T. Achilles, AZ
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Find Your Program:
Students interested in working in automotive maintenance and repair receive hands-on training through Penn Foster's automotive program. Career diploma programs are offered that prepare students for a career in a little as a few weeks. Students choose from the following programs of study:
- Certificate - Automotive HVAC Essentials
- Career Diploma: Auto Repair Technician
- Career Diploma: Diesel Mechanics/Heavy Truck Maint.
- Career Diploma: Motorcycle Repair Technician
- Career Diploma: Small Engine Repair
Penn Foster's business program offers four career diploma programs to get students started in the field of business. Students learn real-world skills in marketing and sales, office technology, accounting and business management. The following fields of study are available through Penn Foster's business program:
- Career Diploma: Retail Supervisor
- Career Diploma: Virtual Assistant
- Certificate - Microsoft Office 2016 (with software)
- Certificate - Microsoft Office 2016 (without software)
- Certificate - Starting Your Own Business
- Certificate - Accounting Essentials
- Certificate - Business Security
- Certificate - Human Resource Management Essentials
- Certificate in Property Management
- Career Diploma: Administrative Assistant
- Career Diploma: Bookkeeping
Creative individuals have several options for study through Penn Foster's creative/design program. The following programs are available, which prepare students for careers in art and design, bridal consulting, catering, event planning, fashion, floral design, interior decorating and writing.
- Certificate - Public Relations
- Certificate - Spanish
- Career Diploma: Computer Graphic Artist
- Career Diploma: Dressmaking and Design
- Career Diploma: Freelance Writer
- Career Diploma: Web Page Designer
Penn Foster's health services program offers options related to the fields of health care, pharmacy, dental assisting and veterinary assisting.
- Career Diploma: Child Care Professional
- Certificate - Personal Caregiver Skills
- Certificate - Child Psychology
- Certificate - Electronic Medical Records
- Certificate - Health Information Management
- Certificate - Medical Terminology
- Certificate in Natural Health Care for Pets
- Certificate - Sports Nutrition
- Career Diploma: Dental Assistant
- Career Diploma: Medical Billing and Coding
- Career Diploma: Medical Transcriptionist
- Career Diploma: Optician
- Career Diploma: Pharmacy Technician
- Career Diploma: Physical Therapy Aide
- College: Veterinary Assistant
Students can prepare for challenging and exiting careers as legal secretaries, legal transcriptionists, paralegals and private investigators through Penn Foster's legal studies program. Students learn valuable skills in legal writing and research, legal terminology, transcription methods, surveillance and reporting techniques.
- Certificate - Advanced Paralegal Applications
- Certificate - Real Estate, Wills and Estates for Paralegals
- Career Diploma: Legal Secretary
Overlapping with the creative/design program, the technology program at Penn Foster offers programs in art and design, electronics, Web and computer programming, computer repair and telecommunications, providing hands-on training and preparing graduates for a variety of rapidly growing technology fields.
- Certificate - Computer Programming Languages
- Career Diploma: Electronics Technician
- Career Diploma: PC Maintenance and Repair
Students interested in quickly and conveniently learning a new trade can pursue a wide variety of programs through Penn Foster's trades program. Students can choose from many different programs, which provide hands-on training in a broad range of trades.
- Career Diploma: Guest Service Agent
- Certificate - Pet Grooming
- Career Diploma: Caterer
- Career Diploma in Certified Wedding Planner
- Career Diploma: Dog Obedience Trainer/Instructor
- Career Diploma: Gunsmith
- Career Diploma: HVACR Technician
- Career Diploma: Home Remodeling and Repair
- Career Diploma - Landscaping Technology
- Career Diploma: Locksmithing
- Career Diploma: Wildlife/Forestry Conservation