About Regent Online
Regent Online is an accredited, private not-for-profit institution that offers fully online degree programs taught from a Christian perspective. The online courses are taught by the same experienced professors who teach the on-campus programs. The flexibility of the 8-week long courses allows students to balance their work and family commitments with their education.
This 'bricks and mortar' school with a thriving online presence through its College of Arts & Sciences and seven graduate schools offers 102 online programs. Associate and bachelor's degrees are available in fields including accounting, business, criminal justice, Christian studies, nursing, information systems and psychology. Graduate programs include master's, postmaster's and doctoral degrees in areas ranging from a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Divinity to a Doctor of Communication and Ph.D. in Education. (Some graduate programs require minimal residency.)
All online students have access to a variety of student services that include an online library, writing resources, chapel videos and workshops, instructor feedback, and the Regent C.A.R.E.S. program for both technical and spiritual support.
Regent University is among the top 5 percent of most affordable private Christian colleges and universities, according to the 2017 CCCU Tuition Survey of undergraduate programs.
In 2016, U.S. News & World Report recognized Regent as one of the top 20 Best Online Bachelor's Program in 2016 and #15 among Online Bachelor's Programs for Veterans. According to U.S. News rankings, Regent also has the highest ranked Online Graduate Education Programs in Virginia, as of 2017. This university is recognized nationally as one of only 25 universities in the U.S. to receive an 'A' rating by ACTA.
'Regent's online model provided an unparalleled combination of high-quality instruction, flexibility and specialization.'
Kassie Dulin, M.A. Class of '14
'The online and on-campus experiences were different, but both very rewarding. The way they designed the online learning really felt like a live classroom environment - still very informative and relational, even with people from around the world there.'
Jesse Eisenhart, Dual M.A. Class of '09
'I was particularly impressed with the highly organized online Ph.D. program. The faculty is second to none when it comes to their intelligence, teaching ability, compassion and their desire to work with students.'
Tom Norbutus, Ph.D. Class of '12
- Must be a high school graduate or have completed GED
Why Regent University?
Nationally Ranked: Regent University was named among the top 20 schools for online bachelor's degree programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2016 and is one of only 25 universities in the U.S. to receive an 'A' rating by the American Council of Trustees and Alumni.
Prestigious Professors: Classes are taught by the same knowledgeable and experienced instructors who teach the on-campus courses.
Program Variety: Students can choose from more than 110 areas of study.
Accreditation: Regent is accredited by seven prestigious regional and national accrediting bodies.
Convenient and Flexible Learning: The 8-week long courses are fully online, which allows students to earn their degree around their busy schedule.
Christ-Centered Institution: Regent University offers high-quality, Christian values-based education programs.
'Regent's online, eight-week programs will help you take responsibility and have a way to be self-taught. You'll not only have that initiative, but you'll be able to interact with your professors online. It was really good for me.'
Taniki Richard, B.S. Class of '15
'My online degree allowed me to incorporate my academics with my profession making my graduate experience at Regent incredibly relevant.'
Gabrielle Jackson, M.A. Class of '12
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Applicants to Regent University must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Some programs have additional requirements.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Find Your Program:
- BA in Government
- BA in Government - American Government and Politics
- BA in Government - International Relations and Foreign Policy
- BA in Government - Pre-Law
- BA in Leadership Studies
- BA in Leadership Studies - Business
- BA in Leadership Studies - Christian Ministry
- BA in Leadership Studies - Criminal Justice
- BA in Leadership Studies - Government
- BA in Leadership Studies - Information Technology
- BA in Leadership Studies - Self-Designed
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Business
- BS in Business - Accounting
- BS in Business - Economics
- BS in Business - General Management
- BS in Business - HR Management
- BS in Business - Marketing
- BS in Human Resource Management
- BS in Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership
- MA in Business and Design Management
- MA in Financial Planning and Law
- MA in Organizational Leadership
- MS in Business Analytics
- PhD in Organizational Leadership
- BA in Communication Studies
- BA in Communication Studies - Advertising and Public Relations
- BA in Communication Studies - Internet and Social Media
- BA in Communication Studies - Journalism
- BA in Communication Studies - Organizational Communication
- BA in Communication Studies - Professional and Technical Writing
- BA in Communication Studies - Rhetoric and Public Culture
- BA in Communication Studies - Strategic Communication
- BA in Communication Studies - Theatre
- BFA in Graphic Arts
- M.A. in Film & Television
- MA in Communication
- MA in Film and TV - Script Writing
- MA in Journalism
- MA in Theatre
- PhD in Communication
- BA in English
- BA in English - Biblical Studies
- BA in English - Communication
- BA in English - Government
- BA in English - History
- BA in English - Secondary English Education
- BA in English - Self-Designed
- BA in English - Writing
- BS in Early Childhood Education
- EdD in Adult Education
- EdS in Educational Leadership - Higher Education
- MEd - Individualized Degree Program
- MEd in Christian School Administration
- MEd in Curriculum and Instruction
- MEd in Discipleship for Ministry
- MEd in Educational Leadership - Admin and Supervision (preK-12)
- MEd in Instructional Design and Technology
- MEd in K-12 Special Education - Non-Licensure
- MEd in Leadership in Mathematics Education
- MEd in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- MEd in Student Affairs
- MEd in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) - K-12 Track
- PhD in Education - Adult Education
- BS in Psychology
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- MA in Human Services - Life Coaching
- MA in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling
- MA in School Counseling
- MS in General Psychology
- MS in Psychology
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Addictions Counseling
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Biblical Counseling
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Grief Counseling
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Human Services Counseling
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Human Services/Student Affairs
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - International
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Life Coaching
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Marriage and Family Ministry
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Pastoral Counseling
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Research Concentration
- PhD in Counseling and Psychological Studies - Trauma and Crisis Counseling
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision
- PhD in Education - Educational Psychology
- BA in Biblical and Theological Studies
- BA in Biblical and Theological Studies - Biblical Studies
- BA in Biblical and Theological Studies - Theological and Historical Studies
- BA in Christian Ministry
- Doctor of Ministry
- M.A. in Christian Spirituality & Formation
- MA in Church Leadership
- MA in Pastoral Counseling
- MA in Practical Theology
- MDiv in Biblical Languages
- MDiv in Chaplain Ministry
- MDiv in Christian Theology
- MDiv in Church History
- MDiv in Church and Ministry
- MDiv in Cyber Theology
- MDiv in Interdisciplinary Studies
- MDiv in Marketplace Ministry
- MDiv in Missiology
- MDiv in New Testament
- MDiv in Old Testament
- MDiv in Spiritual Formation
- MDiv in Worship and Media
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Theological Studies
- Master of Theology
- PhD in Renewal Theology